Sign in to follow this  
AmericanWarriorDecals

So....I'm pretty sure my machine just committed suicide...

Well, as all of you are probably pretty familiar with my and my incessant posts (I apologize, still learning a lot here) here and the problems I have been having by now.  It appears that my machine decided to kill itself.

I had just received the correct blades from Clean Cut today and had got it dialed down pretty good and was getting more consistent cuts (although still not perfect and was going to call Monday anyway).  So of course everything was started to to look up when this happened.  I was playing around with the over cut and all.  I noticed that there was some vinyl stuck to the blade tip.  So after the cut I moved the carrier over to the left side off of the vinyl so I could shut it down and pull the blade out.  

Well....once it got over to the left side, what can best be described as a seizure and psychotic episode occurred haha.  I let go of the button to move it over and all of a sudden the carrier (with incredible speed) jolted left and right repeatedly and with great force slammed itself repeatedly into the farthest side into the metal frame and repeatedly slammed itself about 10 times within 2 seconds.  I turned the machine off as fast I could but the damage had been done.  I noticed a lot of small rubber debris under the carrier.  I turned it back on and moved the carrier to the right and it struggled and made some weird sounds and shuttered back to where I wanted it on the right side.  I noticed that the belt was now drooping low and not tight anymore.  

I have uploaded a video and linked it here describing and showing everything I have described post episode.  This was purchased as a refurbished unit with a full warranty from USCutter approximately 2 months ago.   Chrome had suggested I may have a bad motherboard based on the issues I had been having with constantly having to change the pressure in between cuts of the same run multiple times.  Please let me know any ideas, suggestions, or feedback you may have.  Thanks for reading this far.  You guys are a great community and have helped me so much, I truly appreciate it!

when it goes to left and slams it usually means the setting isn't right for cutting width and it's looking for more width and not finding it. I had this happen once. Other than that I can't help. My Titan2 is going strong after 2 years and I keep hoping it will die so I can retire. No such luck. Call USC Mon and IF you can find a tech person who actually knows anything about the Titan2...you might get lucky.

• Like 3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BannerJohn" data-cid="420075" data-time="1465608374"><p>

when it goes to left and slams it usually means the setting isn't right for cutting width and it's looking for more width and not finding it. I had this happen once. Other than that I can't help. My Titan2 is going strong after 2 years and I keep hoping it will die so I can retire. No such luck. Call USC Mon and IF you can find a tech person who actually knows anything about the Titan2...you might get lucky.</p></blockquote>

That's the weird thing. I had it move over to the side like I've done many times before. It stopped right where it was supposed to. I released the button, and then it just freaked out with no provocation or given input. About a week ago during one cut it randomly sped up to full speed and starting cutting crazy fast dragging the blade then slowed back down.