Sign in to follow this  
danabrock43

Appalled with customer support

Yesterday our titan 2 carriage house belt broke so I called customer support for help. After going through steps with the support person (removing side of machine tightening belt etc.) I was told it could not be fixed and they would be shipping us a new MACHINE. I asked multiple times and verified that I did not need to ship back the old broken model and was told no and that they would just ship us a new MACHINE. We paid extra for overnight shipping as we need the cutter for our business. Today a MACHINE did not show up a motherboard did?! When we called back customer support we were told basically not their problem, I must be an idiot and repeatedly misunderstood the support person from yesterday. Which I did not. I was told a replacement machine was being sent. Never once was I told they were sending a motherboard I would have to install myself, I would have questioned that immediately. I again reiterated that I do not need a motherboard, the belt is broken and furthermore I am not qualified to tear apart a vinyl cutter and install a new motherboard. I was then told well there are youtube videos watch them. I was also told that since I did not have the box to the broken plotter my warranty is void (nothing about this was said in my previous conversation yesterday) mind you, the box is huge and we have had the machine for almost a year and do not have the space to store a huge box. So now I am left with an expensive piece of garbage with a broken belt and a motherboard that apparently youtube will teach me how to install. The support person was extremely rude and condescending and told us to never call back and our warranty was voided forever. I am not exaggerating or being biased this has been an extremely disappointing experience and we will no longer be customers .

while I cannot answer for the mb instead of a machine being sent I can say when I received my titan2 there were stickers on the box stating you had to keep the box for any warranty work to be done or the warranty was not valid.  as far as replacing the mainboard that has been the policy of usc since its inception and included in their warranty repair statements.  While I am not an employee of the company  I am sure they will miss you as a customer.  Where ever you choose to buy your next cutter may I suggest a graphtec - as long as it is a graphtec and not a rebranded they handle their own repairs but I believe you still have to pay for shipping back to them for that also.  Roland I can't speak for as I not read about roland repairs in 8 years.  I have read a lot of stories from other places where support was non existent at all.  Pretty sure if you buy from a local Roland dealer they will be happy to service your machine.  I believe Wensco services your area - just the machine will be 2-3 times the cost of the titan.    Wishing you well in your quest for the service you desire

Isn't this the belt you need?  You stated you have a Titan 2 with a broken carriage belt.   So why didn't you order the belt?.  It is  $10.00.  No one from USCutter stopped you from buying that belt. Site is open 24-7.. You can buy as many as is in inventory.   It would be a consumable, like blades, cutting strip, blade holder.etc.   The UScutter.com website has the inventory for most any part, to fix the vinyl cutters. And you can search  the site for other parts.   But consumable items are not covered under warranty.  You must purchase them. 

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-TITAN-Replacement-Carriage-Belt

http://www.uscutter.com/Vinyl-Cutter-Replacement-Parts

And correct, their policy always has been that they send the replacement parts. 

If you are having problems with a product contact USCutter Support at 1-425-902-1302. USCutter reserves the right to send replacement parts for any equipment being covered under warranty, instead of replacing the machine outright. USCutter will ship these parts via FedEx ground shipping with no cost to the customer as long as the shipment is within the United States. Full support will be given by USCutter representatives in the replacement of any parts sent.

There is 2 sides to this story..