graphicjunkie

Best application tape?

What is the best application tape to use?  I have tried a few different things.  I like the high tack of the traditional "masking tape" style, but for doing multiple layers, it really sucks because you can't see the registration marks well enough.  I tried some really transparent app tape, but it was really low tack, and didn't work well at all.

I would like to use high tack, transparent.  But when I look at the web site, I can't quite tell if it's truly transparent, or semi opaque or what.

Suggestions?

Thank you.

I use the paper greenstar medium tack from uscutter. I use it on oracal 651,751,951 etc.  I have never used reg marks  due to how i made my table with LED Panels. So far everything ive done has worked perfectly for me and i have never had a tear issue... .. My table has remote control lighting so i can turn on what ever light panel i want, then push my laptop out of the way for full use of my table... 32"w x 7 feet long

here is a short video of my table..no plans were used, just made it as i went ..post-88251-0-75562400-1465577569_thumb.j

• Like 1

IF you're going to go with clear tape use the R-Tape Clear Choice, it's a little better than the GS house brand (but also more expensive). I use paper almost exclusively with occasional use of clear for some things, registered multi-layer being one of them. I have used the GS clear but it will rip on you which really sucks the big one.