Sign in to follow this  
jdmarti1

CE5000-120

Using vinylmaster cut, and it won't change speed or force.  Cuts on glitter look like crap.  Not sure how to make VM control the cutter properly.  I know this is user error, but need some help.  I am using the HPGL language, but when I put the speed in VM - the speed the cutter shows as it cuts is not remotely close.  Changing the speed from the highest to the lowest - makes absolutely no difference on the cutter.  Help please.

I don't run VM or a Graphtec but have you tried setting the speed and force directly on the cutter menu? Within my cutters menu (Summa) they have a setting that turns on and off the ability to accept these commands from software. I personally don't set my force or speed from my cutting software preferring to set it at the cutter with the preset profiles. 

Own two CE5k series. Always change the speed manually/physically on the cutter.

There is a "Condition" button on the front panel. Navigate over to cut speed and lower that.

Fine tuning on tangential emulation etc can be done through the graphtec program, but I don't think outside programs can influence cutter settings.

I only use the Graphtec Cutting Controller to change my speed ,force etc.thru my computer. .  I don't change anything on my cutter. I put my vinyl in , prefeed it, and hit origin. That's it.  It runs on condition 9.  It should be on your Graphtec disc or download from the Graphtec site. I use Flexistarter software..   The Graphtec Cutting Conroller makes your life very easy. 

I only use the Graphtec Cutting Controller to change my speed ,force etc.thru my computer. .  I don't change anything on my cutter. I put my vinyl in , prefeed it, and hit origin. That's it.  It runs on condition 9.  It should be on your Graphtec disc or download from the Graphtec site. 

So you run Cutting Controller - and then just use VM to send the file to the cutter?

I'm use Cutting controller to change any settings, force, speed etc,  and send my file thru Flexi, just like normal...   Same thing.  except your using VM to send your files to your cutter. 

• Like 1

See this is the Graphtec cutting controller.  You can change all of your settings right here,  and never touch your cutter settings.  And You send your file like normal thru your cutting software.

post-3058-0-60108900-1465568893_thumb.jp

• Like 1

It only works on condition 9 right?  The tangential works only on condition 1 thru 8.  What a pain.

I dont own VM, but double check your software-- on the section where you select speed- see if you can de-select it. A check box, or other option... -- I do this for Flexi and Omega- this allows the cutter speed to be used.

I know this pic looks like crap, but I can't get a good pic of the aqua glitter - uck.  Anyway - doing the same thing.  Only on the tighter corners, Using the cutting controller.  I tried force between 15 and 20, with speed in the same ranges.  I can get the test cut to look great, but then I start cutting and it goes to hell.  New Clean Cut 60 blade.  

post-35279-0-90410600-1465871414_thumb.p

Turn the speed down.... Set your blade depth like I have shown  a zillion times. And it will set your force correctly.    I always cut slow, and never have problems,  My cutter has never seen those speeds.  LOL . Start slower like speed-4-5 and see what that does.   And yes, tangential mode can be turned on in Condition 9.  Read, HELP...

• Like 1

I did set my blade at half credit card depth.  I tried the speed really slow - like 2 and got the same damn problems.  I will try again.

You DO NOT set your blade at 1/2 credit card!!!!  About 10 times too much.  That has been stated and stated not to on here..   I have posted how to set the blade depth correctly on here. You set the blade depth like this. And you should barely see or feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

Set your blade depth like I have shown  a zillion times. 
To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Now it is a zillion and one LOL! OMG!

You know that is how I initially setup my blades - but so many places I read half a credit card depth.  Well that was wrong.  I will say - this glitter is a bitch to cut!!!

Make sure you haven't broken the blade tip off. Too much blade exposed like that, could cause the blade tip to break off.  Look at it under a magnifying glass if possible.

• Like 1

You know that is how I initially setup my blades - but so many places I read half a credit card depth.  Well that was wrong.  I will say - this glitter is a bitch to cut!!!

that is the myth that just won't die and causes more problems than anything else we run into

• Like 1

Siser HTV Glitter - looks great, but a pain to cut and weed.  I read somewhere the Specialty Materials stuff works well, they are based here in Tulsa.  I am going to have to try to mess with it.

I will tell you my experience with Siser glitter. I tried easing into the pressure the way you would regular vinyl, a little bit at a time until it finally cut through and found that I had ruined my blade tip. It rounded it off just like I put it in a sander. You may have a ruined tip. NOW I dedicate my older blades that are still cutting but getting older and use them to cut the glitter. Actually I avoid glitter if I can altogether! Looks cool but way too miserable to work with if you're doing fine details. So if you're cutting glitter plan on a new blade and hit it with plenty of pressure right off the bat. 

• Like 1

It's funny - my wifes Silhouette is cutting it like a champ.  I have used a regular CC 60, and a 60M for the heavier material.  Still can't get it to cut right. I killed about $50 worth of glitter messing with it.  Finally gave up.  I have cut the white and silver no problems, this aqua is killing me.  I needed to replace my cutting strip, I really ripped it up on this one.  Maybe that is my problem.  Once replaced - I will give it another go.

Is that Aqua pulling away from the carrier? If so it's junk.

Not really - it sticks as well as the glitter normally sticks.  Just isn't cutting for a damn.