I'm making some simple but large signs. Customer is supplying metal substrate, I'm cutting and applying vinyl (751), then they're installing the sign. I have my installation price, don't worry about that, and I have a price in mind for the vinyl, but I need a second opinion. The vinyl is just text, big fat extra bold text so design and weeding is negligible, cutting and masking is the main thing. The text has a white outline so all the measurements will basically be double.

One text is 270 inches wide x 15 inches high letters. The other text is 5 groups of text with 18 inches tall letters. Widths are 72, 90, 168, 189 and 201 inches. Added together, that's 720 inches in width.

So, big fat letters that are 270x15 inches, 720x18 inches, and x2 on everything for the outline.

Let's see how far off I am lol

Are you transferring the white outline, or are they going to be installing it? Applying application tape to something 22 foot long has to be a royal PITA

jmas what cutter are you running? The registration (alignment between two sets of lettering) on something that long is going to suffer with a budget model. 

For price I like to get $5 per SF on things like that. So that translates into $10 per running foot because both 15" and 18" will be cut from a 24" width. So 23ft would be $230 and 60ft would be another $600. Off the cuff that's my estimate. 

Wildgoose, does that include your install price or just vinyl? I wasn't far off. I figured $6/sqft which put it right at $1000.

They're bringing me a metal substrate, I'll be cutting and installing the white outline and red lettering on top of that, then they'll take it and install the metal onto a building.

I'm using a graphtec. I've done 12ft before and since these are 15-18 inches and the vinyl will be 24 inches, I shouldn't have problems with tracking. I'll still probably break it up into sections. Plus it's text, I can do it one letter at a time if I had to. The 270 inch one is also 3 words but the space between is small so I was figuring it as one big word.

That would just be the vinyl but install in shop would be fairly cheap as you say. Out on a trainer or side of a building would be different story.