Sign in to follow this  
Traci Cullen

My cutter wont even start

So i just bought this cutter from my Sister in law. Its the MH 871-MK2 series, and im working on a windows 10 laptop. I have the cutter connected with an USB cord, i FINALLY figured out how to "import" an image to the program, then i vectorized it and hit the CUT button, and then it shows the "sending output to cutter" but when its done sending the image info to the cutter NOTHING happens, the machine doesnt start cutting, any help to figure this out would be appreciate... Ive spent hours for the past few days trying to figure this out... i have projects i need to get done stat.

Did you download the driver?  This site may help

support.uscutter.com

Also - that cutter works best with the keyspan to USB adaptor- the RS-232 port is more reliable. ( tripplite 19HS)

• Like 1

betting that they didn't install the usb chipset drivers like burns said, next question would be does the cutter do the test cut directly from the plotter . . . 

Never take jobs until you have a working plotter that you know how to run . .  .  "i have projects i need to get done stat." is the key phrase that shows you put yourself into a position without being prepared.

Welcome to the forum

• Like 2

Traci,  many of those who've had success here with the MH units are running our set-up with an older computer with WinXP and SignBlazer.

I depend upon a Latitude D520 that's got the built-in Serial port.

Ahhhhhhh, MH cutter happiness.

• Like 1

Traci,  many of those who've had success here with the MH units are running our set-up with an older computer with WinXP and SignBlazer.

I depend upon a Latitude D520 that's got the built-in Serial port.

Ahhhhhhh, MH cutter happiness.

I have a Lattitude D520 with XP for back up. I've bought about 10 of them on ebay for around $30

• Like 1

That's why I asked about it being plugged in. A girl I know got a little cutter at the flea market, or somewhere, didn't get a power cord, so she thought it ran off the USB.

A girl I know got a little cutter at the flea market, or somewhere, didn't get a power cord, so she thought it ran off the USB.

It doesn't???

lol yes I have it plugged in...

Ahhhhh, now we're getting somewhere...