Sign in to follow this  

I recently purchased the vinyl remover (link attached) and had no problem getting the vinyl off.  I was actually very impressed.  BUT now I have no idea how to remove the adhesive!  Ive tried heating it up, googone, wd-40 and washed with soap & cold water.  Is there any way to get this off???  I have 6 shirts that need to be completed ASAP!

Can anyone help??

http://www.uscutter.com/AlbaChem-Vinyl-Letter-Removing-Solvent

at $2. a shirt it is usually cheaper and easier to just grab another shirt - from past experience.  after all that they will never look "new" again anyways

• Like 3

unfortunately with all the things you have tried the adhesive is probably set in at this point - I have used the remover before and after applying liberaly and washing the adhesive came out - word of warning though ALWAYS use that stuff out doors in a well ventilated area as it is highly toxic.  a guy in Ohio sold it 7-8 years ago and after his death for years no one sold it because of that and the liability. as long as you follow the directions you should be ok but don't use it indoors and don't breath it 

we used to use a chemical like this several years ago for mistakes with HTV, we didn't realize how toxic this stuff is.  Ever since we realized how bad it is, we won't touch it.  We'd rather replace the garment than take the chance.  This stuff is seriously toxic.  Make sure you use gloves too, it should never touch your skin.

You may try to apply more remover and then heat press it with a teflon sheet, that sometimes will pull the adhesive off, sometimes

I have had issues with it getting all the adhesive out especially on dark fabric. Sometimes it's cheaper to bite the bullet and just buy another shirt if your time is worth anything. 

• Like 1

It's pretty good at removing a small recent mistake. On a larger issue, it leaves some adhesive behind like you noticed.

It is actually in PVC pipe weld from Oatey. It can also fuse 3D printed ABS parts together, lol.

Like everyone said, make sure you use it outdoors. Also keep it in a cool place or refrigerator. The boiling point is like 100 degrees if I recall.

On 6/8/2016 at 1:35 PM, stenzelperformance said:

Second time around it worked! Thank goodness. 

I just had this same thing happen. What did you do a second time? wash it or reapply the solvent? 

Thanks