cjohnston24

Torn up HTV

Hi - I recently had a customer return a shirt because she said that it was ruined in a washing machine. I have a hard time believing that, but just wanted to see if any of you have had similar problems. I attached a photo of the damaged vinyl on the shirt - it had only been worn I think a couple of times and washed once. It was made with Siser Easyweed. Have any of you had a problem that looked like this before? If so, do you know how it happens?

Thanks in advance!

post-97388-0-92853200-1465399585_thumb.j

how was it applied? what type or press do you have and have you checked the temps across the platen?  the reason I ask is a fb group I have seen stuff like this on they use irons to apply and frequently have issues because they cant get even heat and pressure and can't control the heat well enough

Thanks for your reply. I have a HPN Black Series 15x15 swing-arm press. I've checked the temps with a temp gun and they seem to be accurate. This is from an order of 28 softball shirts, all other 27 shirts are fine without any issues, so it seems strange that only one would have had a problem.

I pressed at 310 for 10 seconds with medium pressure... then peeled.. and pressed for an additional 3 seconds.

• Like 1

Siser recommends a pre heat as well and go the whole 15 seconds, see what happens.

Donn

Hmm could have used a strong detergent, or some kind of stain remover that removed areas of the glue. It doesnt look like a washing machine would do that it looks like it was really roughed up.

I am also concerned with "worn a couple of times and washed once"  LOL

Sure does look like something "fishy" is up....  all other shirts where ok..... just sayin.

did the shirt blow out the window on the freeway and get run over? then maybe it was washed once.  The condition of that HTV, i'm honestly a little concerned about whoever was wearing it, did they survive?