Sign in to follow this  
ZenCutter60

I can't install my ZenCutGreen 60 on my Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop

The plotter does great while off-line doing the test cut, but even though I installed SignCutPro, can open images, and hit the "CutOut" button, I immediately get an error from the printer.  I have the security key/dongle installed, I installed the drivers I received, but I can't make it communicate with the computer.

I have seen the most recent posts related to this problem (2010) where you have to backdoor through the Device Manager and trick the computer into thinking it's in Windows 7, I have read the user manual, and I have contacted tech support at USCutter, who promptly told me they couldn't help unless I bought the cutter directly from them.  I bought it from a friend of mine who was getting a larger cutter.

So... how do I get this cutter to communicate properly with an HP laptop running Windows 8.1 at 64-bit rate?

first thing I would try is follow this link to the drivers for the zencut green and make sure any drivers in that set are installed that allow the cutter to communicate thru the usb chipset to the cutting software. the cutters do not work like a printer and do not communicate to the computer in the same way.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads.php

• Like 1

PS = windows 8 is right up there with vista and millennium as far as us seeing issues  - xp, 7 have been solid and personally i have had pretty good success with windows 10 with most of my equipment except one OLD HP laserjet