Sign in to follow this  
ShowMeCleaning

Old Pigment INk Or paper

I was wondering about old pigment ink or out dated. When I do My shirts look good when first done. Wait 2 day and it kinda peels of looks flaky. Could it be the INK or the paper. I'm using for white  JSS transfer soft. Look forward to hearing what it could be. Thank You.

Sounds like the polymer on the paper, and maybe ink. I have used old ink though and never had that kind of issue just faded colors.

• Like 2

I have had paper issues about a year old. If it got humid, or left in the light. This paper soaks up moisture easily and it destroys it. Did you stretch it while it was still hot?

So you think maybe it humidity in the paper. May sound dumb not sure I understand polymer. I've had it in zip lock. Thanks for answering Mathatter. I'm puzzled.

I second the guess on the paper. I have used some SERIOUSLY old ink without issues. My old Epson with tanks died a couple years back and I kept sucking ink out of the tanks off and on for a couple years. Waste not, Want not. 

Polymer is basically a coating that accepts the ink and then melts into the shirt at the proper temperature. taking the ink with it. 

Off topic sort of but I noticed Quick Trans has a transfer with cartoon coloring book style images that you can have little kids color with crayons and then press it on a shirt. First I had ever seen something like that. 

Thank You Madhatter and Wild goose. I agree I think it is the paper cause thinking back it did seem it had like a thick coating over the ink kind of a plastic feel. And I did stretch it. Was very tight. Thanks again.  

just a thought as I have never had a problem with jpss - how did the temp on your press check out when you checked it with an ir thermometer?

• Like 1

Meet too. 365. Much higher and you get scorch on white cotton. 

• Like 3

Meet too. 365. Much higher and you get scorch on white cotton. 

First time pressed to long and well it was a neat shirt.... not really.

• Like 1