blacklabelgraphix

Registration mark aligning - Need help please

Has anybody had problems with manual alignment of the registration marks with Titan 2 and Flexi? When I hit the arrow buttons on the keyboard there is a long delay before the blade holder actually moves. The arrow buttons on the monitor screen work at exactly the time I hit keyboard button but the blade holder don't move. In an area of 12"x24" it took me 30-45 min to get all 4 registration points entered in. Once I finished aligning the last mark and it started contour cutting perfect. I have made a change since the last time I contoured cut. I was using a laptop, it worked perfect then. Now I transferred everything over to a desktop and this is the first time I've tried to contour cut. It still die cuts vinyl perfect like it always has. No problems with anything else. Any ideas?

I contacted USCutter Support about this and won't contact them again...Just because I'm the 2nd owner of this machine they said they won't help me.

I think this falls more under cutter software than the cutter so even if you were the original owner the cutter itself is probably performing as it should. Contour cutting without an optical eye is limited in perfection from the get-go so I think I'd be happy that it was able to contour perfectly as it was. 

I think this falls more under cutter software than the cutter so even if you were the original owner the cutter itself is probably performing as it should. Contour cutting without an optical eye is limited in perfection from the get-go so I think I'd be happy that it was able to contour perfectly as it was. 

Thank you for your reply. When I was using the laptop, the blade holder moved as soon as I hit the arrow button on the keyboard and as fast as I hit it. Now when I hit the arrow button on keyboard it might (I mean might) move 5-10 seconds later. And sometimes it doesn't move.

I just hooked the cutter back up to the laptop. Everything worked as it should. So now I know it's not the cutter. For some reason somethings not right when it's hooked to the desktop.

Desktop - Windows 7 Professional

Laptop - Windows 7 Home Premium

Dumb question. When I make my own registration marks in AI (I always make my own) I copy then paste in place or past in front and then just change the color to match the next color layer. Can you not paste in place with Flexi? Seems like a lot of effort for something so simple. 

You don't state which version of Flexi you are using..  You have 3 listed in your signature

FlexiSIGN PRO 8 - FlexiSTARTER 10 - VE LXi Master 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Wildgoose" data-cid="419832" data-time="1465311772"><p>

Dumb question. When I make my own registration marks in AI (I always make my own) I copy then paste in place or past in front and then just change the color to match the next color layer. Can you not paste in place with Flexi? Seems like a lot of effort for something so simple.</p></blockquote>

I'm not having an issue inserting registration marks. I'm having a problem setting the blade holder to all 4 points before telling it to contour cut.

• Like 1

Does it make a difference if you use serial connection or maybe the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter  from your desktop?  

I'm not having an issue inserting registration marks. I'm having a problem setting the blade holder to all 4 points before telling it to contour cut.

Ah, sorry I guess I miss-read that somehow although it's pretty plain the second time through.