jderry1978

Pricing a Trailer for a Boy Scout Troop

I have recently opened a sign and graphics shop, and when it comes to making,applying, and designing i do pretty good.  Its the pricing that I'm not sure about.  I have seen several calculators on here but I'm still not sure what to charge.

I have an 18' covered trailer that the boy scout want graphics put on.  They want it to look pretty similar to the attached photos. Same Color scheme.  Except they also want on the back the logos of all their sponsors in full color.  Could someone please give me an idea of what you would charge for just the graphics by themselves and then an amount for graphics and labor to apply?  Your help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Joseph Derry

post-37672-0-77549100-1465236024_thumb.j

post-37672-0-78081800-1465236058_thumb.j

What you are asking is essentially to be given the NUTS & BOLTS of proprietary information of this business.

This is a tremendous amount of graphics work, just by itself (just the graphics design).

What I would do in a case like this is sub-contract it to a professional wrapping company locally.

A trailer wrap would run (my cost) $10. sq.ft. and I would let them deal with the client, including getting the logos, going back and forth with several proofing versions, with measuring panels and working around hinges and doors and rivets, with everything.

You are really just talking about some black since it's a silhouette layout. A little red etc... The full color sponsors would be the other big question mark. The rivets also play a part in your installation. Some trailers have brutal rivets or screws. I'd probably charge $500-$600 for the vinyl then take a WAG on time to install. Sometimes you have to pay a price to get an education so if it goes badly you can always tell yourself that. 

• Like 1

Wildgoose,

you are correct, it is basically a single color vinyl. Luckily it has removable screws that will make the install easier. For the full color sponsors I am going to charge separate rate, then just the single color stuff. Appreciate through feedback, thank you