Sign in to follow this  
HJR

Which Cutter to buy?

I've read a lot of posts  about the copam 2500. Seems to be a good cutter. I'm mostly doing t-shirts and would like to start using vinyl.

A lot of people think the Roland  GX-24 is the best. (a whole lot more money!). Can anyone provide an honest opinion if the copam 2500 is comprable to the Roland?

Any info will be appreciated. Just a newbie needing help!

Guest fivestar

I don't know if you are familar with signforums.com but Kimon an admin over did a review of the copam and here is an exert from his review

Overall Rating of this equipment.

Fit and finish and design? Very Good 5

Ease of setup ? Good                            4 (USB an issue)

Bundled Software ?                               3 (Still Lacking USB Conversion instructions)

Software Compatibility ? Very Good  4 (USB Still a little quirky)

Performance ? Very Good                    4

Price ? Excellent                                    5

Warranty ?  Good                                4 (We would like the warranty to be a full year from delivery date)

__

29 Points

Possible Points                                                 35 Points

Scale for review                           

Excellent ? 33 - 35

Very Good ? 28 -32

Good ? 21-27

Poor ? 8-14

Unacceptable ?  7 and below

Overall Rating 29 points which places this product in the Very Good Catagory

Recommendations

This machine as tested rated very good. I believe it is an excellent machine for the money; I would place it in a category above the Roland and Just below the Summa or The Graphtec. If USCutters fixes the USB conversion issues and provides a little better documentation they have a sure winner here and would find it rated in the excellent range. If a low price and sturdy machine is what you are looking for then this may be the plotter for you. We would not hesitate to have this plotter as our primary machine.

I myself don not own a copam, I own a US Cutter refine and it works perfectly well for my needs.  I hope this helps.