Sign in to follow this  
Jburns

What do you all think is the problem?

Been cutting vinyl for 7 years-i have always been able to solve blade problems, strip and carriage issues....

BUT

This is on my Roland GX-24. It has:

1, Brand new blade. (As I type this - I tried 3 other blades- same result.)

2. Brand new cutting strip.

On some lines, I am getting either a "Wavy" motion, or skipping motion. I am leaning towards a Blade holder- It has more play in the bearing than my Graphtec or Gerber has...

post-4012-0-83266000-1464559309_thumb.jp

post-4012-0-78061300-1464559316_thumb.jp

Bad blade despite it being new, though I wouldn't think three in a row unless it is a whole bad batch.  Seven years is a likely time frame for the blade holder to die.  Worn cutting strip, (but you said you replaced that.)  Something in the feeding system, pinch rollers ect.

Thanks guys- I will buy a roland alloy holder- should fix it - fingers crossed :)  Hope so - after 74.00

Sure is consistent looking. Both directions to and angles. That should narrow it down to blade, holder or holder arm I would think. When it's just cutting straight front to back the carriage isn't moving just the vinyl rolling through so something is warbling. 

Thanks guys- I will buy a roland alloy holder- should fix it - fingers crossed :)  Hope so - after 74.00

FYI - I use aftermarket holders in by roland and graphtec and they work as good as OEM except one bad one in about 12 ordered over the years.  lots cheaper