Sign in to follow this  
protek

Ken, Brad ...anyone?

Although I fixxed the major prob with XP, now my PCUT acts up like a troubled child on crack!

I narrowed down my off sets. I can close letters and some other things but it always cuts to the right or the left after every letter and does not always close them.

When I post up in the SB forum, nobody a can help and post is left to DIE, Flexi 8 PRO don't work either.

I would like to see USCUTTER grow but, as a consumer, I am becoming concerned. I do like the help that some people can give me but when posts and PM's are not answered or ignored, I feel ripped off.

I have been trolling here for a couple of weeks and found no solution but "send it in for service". On top of that, you have to eat all the shipping if you get an RMA for a refund (That includes the shipping you paid to get it and the shipping to go back).

If someone has a 630 that works right, hook some of us up! People are becoming tired.

I PM'd Ken a couple times and got nothing back. I might be one that is growing tired and have to eat $150. in shipping.

Ironic thing is that my vinyl people (signsupply.com) are selling this cutter now. Does Kevin know about all these problems? If he does, I will order my vinyl out of state. I will call them when I wake up.

Is it just users here in the forums or are there any techs? I can only send so many file and PM's .

As I said I would really like to see USCUTTER take off but at this rate, I don't think it is going to happen. I like going with the small companies but, in this case I might have to order Roland.

For future reference, 3 days for a response to a PM is way to long. I am a busy person as well but, I never let a customer hang.

Wish there was more of me, but there is not. Sorry to have let you down. Would you like an RMA #? I have 23 PM's still to get to, some of them yours I am sure, but I also have over 70 voicemails to get to, and about 60 eBay messages in each inbox (2), as well as direct emails, service machines, returns, forum posts, sales inquiries, and it is just me. How does the cutter work when using the included software? Seems the problems you are having are happening with a program that we do not include with our cutters. How does it work with the software that came with it?

:-

Well,

As I have been posting all about and PM'ing people. My SB that came with the machine will not import AI or EPS files at all. When I monochrome a BMP the image either half way disappears or fills itself in completely black. The slider has no affect what so ever.

So, I can not use the software that came with the cutter! All I can cut is text! Sure the text looks better when I use SB (a $400 program) but, does not like Flexi Pro 8 (a $1600 program).

There for if my SB will not work (with the exception of text only), I cannot use it. If the cutter does not work with Flexi Pro 8, I cannot use the cutter.

Have you tried the files I pm'd you?

I already have an RMA. I believe it is 62. Please confirm that for me. Ebay item # 280213670814.

The reason I have not returned it yet is because I refuse to pay shipping TWICE for a bad product.

I just want the thing to work, that is all I ask. Why can't anyone tell me what is wrong with SB. I tried the actual Sign Blazer forums (the software developers) as well. I would have to pay almost $40 US to them for a phone call for support not including long distance to the UK.

Why is it that USCUTTER only has one guy Ken? I would like to help as many here do but after almost a month of no results and limited contact with a Rep from USCUTTER, people will and do start to feel neglected. With the money USCUTTER pulls in from Ebay alone their should be more available help. USCUTTER should scale down the sales or get more help to ease your burdon.

I can only imagine your stress level. I know it must be hard. But keep in mind the end user of your product is your bread and butter. Many of us in the forums are frustrated. When you purchase something and cannot get support or help to fix it for a month, people become angry. I am not attacking anyone personally but, I just want this fixed.

I don't like being angry or stressed out either. But when it messes with my finances, I take up arms and refuse to lie down. USCUTTER is doing exactly that.

If you could just address my issues without keeping me on the back burner and make it work I would be happy.

Respectfully,

Paul Reed

My SB that came with the machine will not import AI or EPS files at all.

Have you been importing version 8 or lower files?  Just wondering  ;D

Download a copy of Inkscape,learn to use it. It works better at Vectorizing than the built-in feature in SB anyway. Returning a cutter because you can't figure out the software is..I hate to say it...just stupid.

Well,

As I have been posting all about and PM'ing people. My SB that came with the machine will not import AI or EPS files at all. When I monochrome a BMP the image either half way disappears or fills itself in completely black. The slider has no affect what so ever.

So, I can not use the software that came with the cutter! All I can cut is text! Sure the text looks better when I use SB (a $400 program) but, does not like Flexi Pro 8 (a $1600 program).

There for if my SB will not work (with the exception of text only), I cannot use it. If the cutter does not work with Flexi Pro 8, I cannot use the cutter.

Have you tried the files I pm'd you?

I already have an RMA. I believe it is 62. Please confirm that for me. Ebay item # 280213670814.

The reason I have not returned it yet is because I refuse to pay shipping TWICE for a bad product.

I just want the thing to work, that is all I ask. Why can't anyone tell me what is wrong with SB. I tried the actual Sign Blazer forums (the software developers) as well. I would have to pay almost $40 US to them for a phone call for support not including long distance to the UK.

Why is it that USCUTTER only has one guy Ken? I would like to help as many here do but after almost a month of no results and limited contact with a Rep from USCUTTER, people will and do start to feel neglected. With the money USCUTTER pulls in from Ebay alone their should be more available help. USCUTTER should scale down the sales or get more help to ease your burdon.

I can only imagine your stress level. I know it must be hard. But keep in mind the end user of your product is your bread and butter. Many of us in the forums are frustrated. When you purchase something and cannot get support or help to fix it for a month, people become angry. I am not attacking anyone personally but, I just want this fixed.

I don't like being angry or stressed out either. But when it messes with my finances, I take up arms and refuse to lie down. USCUTTER is doing exactly that.

If you could just address my issues without keeping me on the back burner and make it work I would be happy.

Respectfully,

Paul Reed

Alright Paul, PM me your phone number once more please, and I will call you today and login to your system (if you have internet), and walk you through importing, vectorizing, and whatever else you need me to help you with.

;D

I have a feeling (completely unfounded mind you)  That a VERY high end expensive cutter has software, or is built with a different "brain" that does all the dirty vectorizing legwork automatically? 

I bet you can import whatever you want, be it a raster, bitmap, jpeg, gif, or vector and it converts it.

I am just guessing, but maybe this is what of the confusion is from?

I would like to get some answers also , I don't see paying 150 dollars

to return a defective machine or scrapping it out by taking the motherboard out and

sending it i would gladly take a motherboard and replace it to try but not

shut my machine down totally for 6 weeks to send my board back and wait for a replacement

right now I can do little jobs , and what i have to do to cut a stripe for a car/truck is

do the cut with the blade out and if it goes through from start to finish I put the

Blade in and do the cut and cross my fingers and say my prayers that it goes from start to finish

70% of the time it does but there is still 30% chance that I well ruin 6-8 feet of vinyl

this machine is very hard on profit margins

I will try the "inkscape" thing. The version of ai I have is CS3 V.13.0.0.

I will PM you my phone again Ken. I do work nights in the dreadful business of computer repair and networking industry. My hours are different than most others.

I'll pm you now.

Thanks,

Paul

I tried a suggestion Polarkiss PM'd me and at least I can import ai files now but still have the prob with monochroming. The slider has NO affect in either direction.

Also the cutter does the same thing in SB as with flexi. It will not close letters and other portions of graphics. I have tried ctn630, cte630, ct630 and roland setups, different pressure and speed settings. I've tried lithium grease on the blade shaft as suggested in the Flexi forum. I've tried offsets from 0-.70 (in SB) and 01-70 in flexi with the same result every time. I've tried in on a laptop and a very high end desktop. I've tried XP pro, XP home and Vista.

I just don't know what else to do.

I tried a suggestion Polarkiss PM'd me and at least I can import ai files now but still have the prob with monochroming. The slider has NO affect in either direction.

Also the cutter does the same thing in SB as with flexi. It will not close letters and other portions of graphics. I have tried ctn630, cte630, ct630 and roland setups, different pressure and speed settings. I've tried lithium grease on the blade shaft as suggested in the Flexi forum. I've tried offsets from 0-.70 (in SB) and 01-70 in flexi with the same result every time. I've tried in on a laptop and a very high end desktop. I've tried XP pro, XP home and Vista.

I just don't know what else to do.

I tried to get you on the phone Friday, but I think you were not up yet. Got your return call, but you missed me. Should I try again today, and at which number and what time?

I got your message, I had the phone with me, drinking coffee and waiting for a call. I checked my messages and there you were. Darn phone never rang. That's COX Digital Phone service for ya. I tried to call you back today but I guess you were busy.

I'll try again on Tuesday Ken.

Thx, Paul

Just a quick note,

I took the blade holder out of my roland and used it with a high quality carbide blade, got the same results. I don't think it could be the blade or holder that came with the PCUT.

;D

Turns out it could be a hardware problem. Ken will call me back on Wednesday. We tried allot of things but, it a no go. Same results with Flexi and SB. We know it is not software related because my Roland cuts the same graphics just fine.

Ken had me look at the wheels on the tracks, all have proper tension, rollers are tight, belt is tight, ETC.

Blade arm does not have a hair line fracture. We tried placing the material on the other side of the machine and achieved the same results (more scrapped vinyl). We tried the front holder just out of curiosity and no change. I could go on but it would be redundant. He will call me back tomorrow.

I will let you know what him and the owner conclude as soon as I find out.

Ken is thinking about how to get this fixed without sending the whole machine back. That would benefit all parties involved. It looks like however, I may need a replacement machine.

I am growing scared of this PCUT though as I read the forums.

I am thinking maybe I should have purchased a Refine machine. I am afraid that if I get a replacement PCUT and have another issue that I have to send the machine back, by then with all the shipping costs, I could have purchased another Roland or a small Copam.

I will let you all know as soon as I can. Ken is a really nice guy. He is very busy and needs help. I would suggest that if any of the guys that are good with these machines (uh,HUM Bannerjohn) put in an application to hire the overflow calls. They are hiring. I can tell that Ken is stressed out. I can understand why now.

I'll keep you all up to date when I get of the phone with him again.

Paul

Guest fivestar

Paul thanks for the update.

Ken don't get burnt out or you'll be done forever.

John get your resume in now, I vote for John to be tech support via online chat such as "Live Person".

John get your resume in now, I vote for John to be tech support via online chat such as "Live Person".

John helps when he can but he already works 12-15 hours a day doing banners. Joh also doesn't have a pcut to check problems out on. But John will do whatever he can as always.

Guest fivestar

That leaves 9-12 left, you don't need sleep, it is overrated.  B)  I know you helps out as much as you can here, and I am just trying to get you compensated somehow.  ;D ;D

John helps when he can but he already works 12-15 hours a day doing banners. Joh also doesn't have a pcut to check problems out on. But John will do whatever he can as always.

BAH! No phone call today guys. I'll let ya know what happens when I get it.

"John has no PCUT to check problems on".

I volunteer to send you mine for a LOW one time nominal fee of $300! And if you act now, and only now, the first 10 callers (that would be John calling 10 times) will get a FREE stand!

BUT WAIT! THAT'S NOT ALL!!!

You will receive as a gift from us a "broken floppy disk to use as a squeegy"! If you order by Sunday ... we will throw in a used exacto blade that has plenty of vinyl trimming experience! WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR?

Don't hesitate on this limited time offer. It will go fast!

One more thing that makes our offer much better than others is that if you include an extra $70 with you payment, SHIPPING IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!

You to can become a professional in you desired new profession! You must act now as this limited offer expires soon!  ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist,  B)

Guest Terry

LOL, I think if your problems start costing YOU - YOU should get a LOW COST deal on the Graph tec.  B)

Sorry Paul, got stuck on a long call when I was set to call you, then had to leave to get the kid from the babysitter. I am staying late today, so I will make sure I call you this afternoon when you wake up.

UPDATE,

Talked to Ken and we have decided to send it back. BANNERJOHN, that means you missed out on the limited time offer. No free used exatco blade for you buddy! HeHe. :thumbsup:

I will be studying the other forums ad I am getting a different model to become familiar with any possible issues before I receive it. I will frequent this forum and offer any experience and help that I may offer for the PCUT.

I can't afford the COPAM or Graphtec so I am getting a Refine.

Catch yall on the flip side!

Paul

Um, after reading the Rifine forums again, maybe not. No exchange, Refines do the same thing.

I think I'll just get my money back so I can send John that used exacto blade.

Paul