Sign in to follow this  
decalsdirect954

How much would you charge for this?

How much would you price this? He said exactly this: "Hi, can you give us a quote for a solid white decal, 2 inches tall x 6 inches long, please included minimum amount, price and delivery time.

I would order from as little as 500 up to 2000 

Thanks"

-Weeding this looks like its going to be a pain, so price according to what you think. Thanks! I only have pricing experience with under 100 decals so I would like to see how low I should go on this.

post-97122-0-85359900-1464409686_thumb.j

Does he mean a printed graphic on solid white? Or the turbo wax without the black? Did he give you an actual vector pr are you going to be building one? I always hate trying to single color something that has been 3D'd because it's tough to know if you should stay with the inside (what I typically do) or the outer line. 

• Like 1

Does he mean a printed graphic on solid white? Or the turbo wax without the black? Did he give you an actual vector pr are you going to be building one? I always hate trying to single color something that has been 3D'd because it's tough to know if you should stay with the inside (what I typically do) or the outer line. 

He wants a cut and weeded decal, not printed. And I will definitely ask him about the file situation. He sent me exactly what I attached and it traced well but the little letters on the bottom didnt trace well so I would probably break apart the image and add my own lettering and group it.

I'm thinking you've got two options. Basically the top without the box and positive text on the bottom, or the bottom image.

I'd not be so keen to quote this without making a few as a test run. I'd calculate how much the material costs are and then factor in my time using the small sample run.

For example ($0.12 ea material cost X 1.3 markup) + ($40 x hours)

Forcing me to estimate without doing a run the bottom example has 24 weeds. I think I'd be able to average 30 or so an hour. For a run of 500 I'd tell the guy about $1.75 each. Its probably more than I'd charge with a test run, but when you are quoting on the fly you should be conservative and cover your arse.

post-27126-0-17571000-1464464532_thumb.j

• Like 2

I would be close.

$1.50 for the top, $1.75 for the bottom.

• Like 1

What program did you use to render the image ?

Really hard fast and dirty rip in Vector Magic. Took about 5 mins, threw it in SBE, make a rectangle and punched it, lmao.

If I was doing this for real and didn't have a file to work with, I'd do a much cleaner rip of the top and then replace the text and Registered trade mark below.

• Like 1