Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

How to Use VM on a laptop for Design and cut on a 2nd computer ?

I want to use VM on my design laptop and then use the computer hooked up to the cutter to cut. How do I do this ?

VM wants my Serial # before it will install on my Laptop if I enter my Serial# won't it will disable the program my cut computer ?

No it won't.

You're allowed to have it on another computer.  You can save your work as a VM file but you will not be allow to cut or export a different file format.  

But you can design and save.   

At least that's what I do.   

Multiple Copies - Installation

You can install the software onto as many computers as you like and then design your work and save it off. However, if you want to output from a particular computer then it needs to be Activated and you get one Activation per license.

Note: You can always Deactivate a computer and Activate another as many times as you like. 

• Like 1

Multiple Copies - Installation

You can install the software onto as many computers as you like and then design your work and save it off. However, if you want to output from a particular computer then it needs to be Activated and you get one Activation per license.

Note: You can always Deactivate a computer and Activate another as many times as you like. 

That's Awesome, how do I get past the needing my serial number for the install ? The USCutter version I have won't install without the serial any insight would be very helpful.

The PSN does not unlock (activate) the software it merely allows you to install the software. Then you can choose whether or not to activate VinylMaster. If you don't activate it, you can still use the software to design and save off your work (which you can open on another computer) but cannot output from it. 

This means you can have one activated computer for cutting/exporting/printing and as many computers as you like to design and save on. 

• Like 1

I have a Microsoft surface that i have VM installed on if i'm out of town or laying in bed/living room i can still design  and save to thumb drive and cut from my work computer cause its the one that's activated. 

5 hours ago, Guest swhit said:

My surface won't even allow me to install vm

Which version of the Surface do you have?  I think the first version was Windows RT, not real Windows - but I could be mistaken...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this