JuliaTN

Cutting offset from the file

Any idea what could be causing this offset? The squares and the flower are somehow moved over from their original spot so that they overlap with another image. Using a Titan 2 with VinylMaster Cut on 24" wide Oracal 651. Pinch rollers are all in the right spots and there's a good bit of the roll spooled off before cutting so that there isn't any weight on it. 

post-98180-0-92278100-1464132987_thumb.j

post-98180-0-82691700-1464133264_thumb.j

Moved you to the VinylMaster section. I think this will receive more support here. 

It looks like those two items were accidentally selected and then nudged to the right and then sent to the cutfile.

Have a look at the preview in the Vinyl Spooler - it should match what was physically cut. If not you can select the cutfile and send it to a location on your HDD (see Send to > Broswe at the bottom of the Vinyl Spooler) and attach the .cut file and email it to support@future.support

The screen shot of the cut file was done after the cut (without touching it). The 526 <squares> Rebel Ridge Rd were all grouped together so any nudging should have moved the whole thing. I did the same cut file again and got a similar result. It was a different part of the file but the same looks-like-it's-been-nudged problem.

Sending file to support.

Guest Guest

This issue is still ongoing and I haven't gotten any help through emailed support. It's now been 12 days without a response. 

Hmmm. Maybe you've stumped the tech. I don't have VM but I have a question. In the pic what are the lines? (see redline detail) Are those weeding lines or tiling lines and did you draw them in the design or add them with the software when you got ready to cut? You might post the file if you can (preferably in a format like eps, svg or ai) 

post-20133-0-39736500-1465311191_thumb.p

So you have your pinch rollers set at approx the same distance in  on each side of the vinyl?   Just inside the vinyl? As you should be.   You don't state how fast you are running your cutter, but if you run slow,  do you get the same results? 

Is the movement in the same direction as the vinyl feeds? Were the out of position things cut last? If so something possibly caused the vinyl or feed rollers to slip.

@Wildgoose, I drew those lines as my own style of weeding lines (I find the automatic ones don't work well with my designs). They're literally just "polylines" drawn with the software

@Mz SKEETER, pinch rollers are at widest settings - there's about an inch of vinyl to the outside of outermost pinch rollers. I've had the same results running at about 750 and 550mm/s

@signyouup, it's random all over the cutfile. I've attached a screenshot of the latest f-up and highlighted the parts that are out of whack. At the top, my drawn in line cuts through the "1" of 15, in the middle, the space between Compound and Loop has disappeared and for the 9009, the first 0 is overlapped with the first 9 and the interior circle of the second 9 is out of sync with the outer portion of the cut. 

post-98180-0-74474800-1465312708_thumb.j

Have you tried any other cutting software? If not try the free 7 days of SignCut Pro and see if it still does this. If it does then it's your cutter or cutter drivers, if it doesn't then it's within VM. You just have to change the variables to narrow down the issue. 

Have you viewed the file in wire frame? Maybe there is something hidden under your file. 

If all else fails I would redraw everything in a new file. Maybe its corrupted. 

That's a weird problem.

After spending 45 minutes on the phone with US Cutter tech support, it seems to have been some glitchy/corrupted software from Vinyl Master. With updated software, I'm crossing my fingers and tentatively calling it solved. 

• Like 1

Guest Future Corporation Support

There is no possible way the software can arbitrarily move a single contour for no reason, while keeping all the rest in the correct location.  

The most likely cause of your problem will be that the cut file is just a bit too wide for the cutter, and during cutting the cutting head may happen to move too far to the left and touch the left edge, which could cause such a problem to happen.

Another possibility is static buildup on the cutter.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.