Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

Futurecorp Should Offer A Forum Group Buy To Upgrade!!

I was thinking about upgrading to Expert version of VM, but was wondering if we could get a discount if purchased in small quantities for forum members.

I'm in if Futurecorp would go for it. I love group buys. We all save, and they make up the difference in a quantity sale. There's definitely strength in numbers.

Please post how many people are required to upgrade for a discount?

I don't really care for VM in a production environment. Don't get me wrong VM is nice for design but clumsy for just cut and go -

It needs a simpleton mode Open - Cut - 

When I load vinyl in a cutter I just want to hit cut and have it go - walk to the next machine and do the same and the next.

Not jump through several menus just to cut a file, if I did this I would still be cutting yesterday's vinyl today. 

I don't think you have really given it a fair shake.....Once you get to know it,it is just as efficient as scalp if not more so ...but all new software requires a slight learning curve

I look at it this way. Plotters are a dime a dozen today along with buisnesses selling vinyl. If your looking to simply cut shapes from vinyl you can use virtually any plotter software. I do graphic print, and cuts so for me I want a software that can streamline my workflow. VM Pro has done that. VM Cut is the most basic of vinyl software, but is still very capable in the hands of those are willing to dedicate themselves to learning it.

Learning software should be treated like a college class. Set a certain amount of time each day to spend, Studying, practicing, and repeat till it becomes natural. Becoming capable with any software takes a real time investment nothing is learned overnight. Considering they even integrated videos learning hands on becomes really point, and click easy.

I think more people should buy software based on what there looking to produce. Research your investment, and try the free trials before laying out your money to be disappointed. Most forget roughly all vinyl software gives you a free trial, but few actually use that option. They go to the manufacturers website review it for a quick minute, or hear about it online in some venue discussing its features, buy it, and then try to eat the elephant in one bite, and become depressed when hit with the reality they have to learn what they thought they new all over again.

Did you download the trial before purchasing it to see if it fit your business model before buying it?  If you did, and bought it then logically that would make no sense considering what you wrote.  I'm thinking you bought it, and now your just not as capable as you want to be with your investment.

I like Macon feel you need to consider investing more time in learning it before being critical of it.

I'm kind of shocked Futurecorp hasn't posted some discount group upgrade options. I bet some like myself would be willing if they did offer one.

• Like 1

I'm kind of shocked Futurecorp hasn't posted some discount group upgrade options. I bet some like myself would be willing if they did offer one.

Unfortunately consumers usually don't get to dictate the financial decisions of corporations. 

I realize what you say is true, however If they offer a group buy they will offer a discount based on the quantity of units sold at one time. This method is used online all the time, and it's a great way to get bulk sales immediately while offering a discount that offset by the quantity purchase.

This practice will yield more ROI than selling individual units one at a time while expanding their user community.

I hope they decide to respond.

At this time there is no USCutter edition of VinylMaster Xpt. 

So, the USCutter editions of VinylMaster Cut, Ltr and Pro have no upgrade path to VinylMaster Xpt

Therefore only users on this forum with non-USCutter PSNs could upgrade to VinylMaster Xpt which there probably are few of. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this