Rohodyer

Can I arch text in Vinylmaster Cut?

VinylMaster has several Tools for Manipulation Text to what they term "Arc".

Not sure about the 'Cut' Version but, in Vm 'Pro', Text can be modeled in an arc

with the the Distortion Tools like the Envelope or Arc Templates as well as the

with the "Text Styles" (circle) Tool.

Can you be a little more descriptive as to what you are trying to accomplish?

ArcText.thumb.png.9f7cf3486deb2a00dafe666d00226c02.png

Be aware that arc and arch are two different things.

In VinylMasterCut (basic version), there are just 3 Distortion options for text  --  Flag, 2D and Cylinder.

Using Cylinder mode, you can manipulate the text to arch. There is no option, however, to follow a circle/circumference path (arc).

• Like 1

Guest CALEB is pissed

SO BASICALLY WHAT ELSE DOES THE VM SOFTWARE NOT HAVE THAT i WOULD THINK IS BASIC STANDARD....  HATED SURE CUT  BUT WHY SWITCH TO THIS 

18 hours ago, Guest CALEB is pissed said:

SO BASICALLY WHAT ELSE DOES THE VM SOFTWARE NOT HAVE THAT i WOULD THINK IS BASIC STANDARD....  HATED SURE CUT  BUT WHY SWITCH TO THIS 

Ya sure cuts alot still needs to fix this issue, thats the only down fall i hated as far as i can remember lol. now I use ai to design in mainly with the arch feature etc 99%  and then use scalps for shadow and cutting., Perfect match and easy. I have played with Vm but still cant myself to like it yet.

48 minutes ago, Guest red said:

Vinyl Master pro - how do you make the curved text at the bottom?

Looking at a youtube.com video.  It is arc text.  Check out the video.  Easy to find arc text in Vinyl Master in youtube.com search. 

Guest Adam

I am struggling to do this as well. I have VinylMaster LTR, which is one step up from 'cut'. I have the ability to create arc text, however i do not see any way to make the text on the bottom of the arc instead of the top. I watched the youtube video re:arc text, and when he selects the text the buttons automatically show up that he refers to as 'text flows' which is what determines if the text is on top, bottom, or both. I do not have those buttons. as far as i can tell, with vinylmaster LTR, the only arc text i am able to do is on top of an arc. can someone confirm this is indeed the case, or are these buttons hidden somewhere in my version? or am I just blind and not seeing these buttons?

This might be multi-stepped, but there is a way to do what you're wanting. It requires some arcing, mirroring and some rotation.

I was able to do it in SBE, so if it can be done in that antiquated program, there must be a way to do it VM or other programs.

I wrote the step I took in SBE, you might be able to recreate that in VM

- type your text
- mirror (veritcally)
- invert it
- arc it
- swing it to the bottom (SBE gave me pull handles to do that)
- mirror (vertically)

voila!

Whenever you arc text (follow around the circumference of a circle) it's always a good idea to KERN the text out. This way, you avoid the letters hitting each other (especially on the inside bottom of the arc).

For the record, SBE offers arc text as a feature.
Including the radius of the arc, above or below circle, clockwise or counterclockwise, and justification.

(TEXT menu -- Text follow arc)  This brings up a dialogue box with several options to configure the way it arcs.

After you arc the text, click on the text tools button at the top of the screen, then on the left, click on the Text on Arc tab and you have 3 options, above, above and below, or below.image.thumb.png.482e38e700df1a312274c0a3bc2a1788.png

image.png

• Like 1

Guest SCharlesworth

I have LTR but do not see the ARC tools, I guess I need to upgrade, AGAIN?

Sometimes just having an extra software that has other options helps.  You can do ARC text in FREE Signblazer, and export it as an .eps file. Import into VM.   Won't cost you a penny. 

3 hours ago, Guest SCharlesworth said:

I have LTR but do not see the ARC tools, I guess I need to upgrade, AGAIN?

You might look closer before giving up. The VM tech said it has it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.