DNA_Vinyl

I did it!

My first vehicle! (nothing fancy)

I tried the wet install method and I can tell you if you haven't done it before...DO IT! super easy...a lot better than the normal dry install IMO.

post-72594-0-96896100-1463764790_thumb.j

post-72594-0-86460800-1463764799_thumb.j

• Like 3

looks good! what product did you use for wet method? Also paper app tape?

I used the regular app tape, the clear.

I used 16oz water and 2 drops of dish soap.

perfect!

awesome- i knew there was another alternative to app fluid. 

• Like 1

If you don't want to wet install check out the wrap vinyl...3M 1080 or Avery SW900. Both have an "air release" grid on the back and temporary adhesive that will allow the decal to be placed/replaced and applied dry without wrinkling or bubbling. Its a bit thicker than your regular vinyl but the outcome is great. 

• Like 4

Moody Blue, can you recommend a supplier for the Avery and 3M vinyls?  I don't see them on uscutters site.  Thanks.

Hello all, 

I've never had a preference one way or the other, wet or dry.  I will say, however, I have been putting decals on motorcycles for years and wet method saves me sometimes because of the contours.  I used 12 oz water, 2 drops dish soap and a cap full of rubbing alcohol.  Some formula I got about 15 years ago and have used ever since.  Just FYI

• Like 2

Looks great! I'm new to vinyl and have never heard of applying it "wet". Is it the same basic idea as applying window tint?

Looks great! I'm new to vinyl and have never heard of applying it "wet". Is it the same basic idea as applying window tint?

Dunno...never put tint on.  :)

That Install looks great. I use the recipe below. I make a gallon at a time and use it to clean and everything and install with.

I use a gallon jug of (Crystal Geyser) water Empty out enough to add 1 cup 70% rubbing alcohol, 10 drops of
baby shampoo. Leave out the alcohol if for digital prints. Which I did not know about the last part on digital prints.