Primal Decals

cobra ink epson printers

So im looking into the Epson WorkForce  printers from cobra ink like the Epson WorkForce 7610 and the 7110 etc ,but my question is what ink is the best they supply for doing shirts? the sub ink,pigment or dye based and what printer should i go with as well the latest 7610 or? and what transfer sheets do you guys suggest to use as well .Thanks a bunch in advanced..

sublimation ink for doing sublimation - then a separate printer with pigment ink for JPSS or 3g  Opaque or similar materials - depends on what you are applying on.  dye ink doesn't have the longevity and is used more for short term photos etc

• Like 1

I have a 7610 and a 7620 (two paper trays). They can be found pretty cheap at office supply stores like Staples. Good printers that will do 13x19 if needed. I have been using the cartridges rather than the tanks mostly due to previous clogged heads lead to tossing a previous printer. This way if I toss the printer I just move the tanks to the next one. Sort of disposable printer you might say. Word of warning. If you are using pigment or sublimation ink these are more prone to clogged printer heads so you have to print fairly often to keep the heads circulating. If you see a clogged nozzle then clean it right away don't wait. 

Pigment is best like dakota said for tee shirt transfers. Dye ink for office printing. You can get ink in bulk cheap enough that a little extra printing here and there is no concern. Sublimation is pretty specialized (but very cool, just limited garment uses). 

• Like 1

I have a 7610 and a 7620 (two paper trays). They can be found pretty cheap at office supply stores like Staples. Good printers that will do 13x19 if needed. I have been using the cartridges rather than the tanks mostly due to previous clogged heads lead to tossing a previous printer. This way if I toss the printer I just move the tanks to the next one. Sort of disposable printer you might say. Word of warning. If you are using pigment or sublimation ink these are more prone to clogged printer heads so you have to print fairly often to keep the heads circulating. If you see a clogged nozzle then clean it right away don't wait. 

Pigment is best like dakota said for tee shirt transfers. Dye ink for office printing. You can get ink in bulk cheap enough that a little extra printing here and there is no concern. Sublimation is pretty specialized (but very cool, just limited garment uses). 

In your Epson 7620, are you using the refillable cartridges from Cobra or Epson's retail replacement cartridges?

Sue2

In your Epson 7620, are you using the refillable cartridges from Cobra or Epson's retail replacement cartridges?

Sue2

Cobra carts and cobra ink then also tried out the PrintPayLess ink in the Cobra cars with success. 

On 5/20/2016 at 1:45 PM, Wildgoose said:

Isn't Durabrite pigment ink ? The 7610 should cycle periodically to clean the heads

3 hours ago, busterbay said:

Isn't Durabrite pigment ink ? The 7610 should cycle periodically to clean the heads

It is. You have to set up a program to cycle the printer if you want it automated. I did this and even with a print every other day still occasionally get a clog. 

5 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

It is. You have to set up a program to cycle the printer if you want it automated. I did this and even with a print every other day still occasionally get a clog. 

Are you running dye in yours then ?

2 hours ago, busterbay said:

Are you running dye in yours then ?

I have one with pigment and one with Sublimation ink. The sublimation ink clogged to the point the printer is pretty much screwed. That's the bad and good point of epson. Bad because it happens easy good because the printer paid for itself a couple times already so the next dye sub job I'll buy another one for $200 and swap my cartridges over. 

49 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

I have one with pigment and one with Sublimation ink. The sublimation ink clogged to the point the printer is pretty much screwed. That's the bad and good point of epson. Bad because it happens easy good because the printer paid for itself a couple times already so the next dye sub job I'll buy another one for $200 and swap my cartridges over. 

I've noticed most of the aftermarket carts for the 7610 are dye. Have you found a good source of pigment?

I have a Cobra sublimation and pigment with their CISS.  I love them both!  Cobra has great support - and the ink works great.

Buster I bought the carts from Cobraink and mostly buy my pigment ink from them but have also tried out printpayless for bulk ink with good results. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wildgoose said:

Buster I bought the carts from Cobraink and mostly buy my pigment ink from them but have also tried out printpayless for bulk ink with good results. 

Good deal I ordered carts and pigment from printpayless before I posted, now I feel like I made a good choice. 

• Like 1

Cobra Ink cartridges here. Also, my ink is cobra. I have used cobra's sublimation ink and also their dye ink. I keep a work force 1100 printer filled with black dye ink to do film positives for screenprinting. The sublimation is was put in another epson printer with successful transfers.

I know this is an old post, but the only one I found talking about the smaller epson printers. I have the wf1100 and it is clogged to no fixing it due to a move and it being in storage. I am looking into getting another printer to replace. It wf1100 is no longer available. Can any inkjet printers use the pigment ink? It looks like for the wider/longer printing options out there now are the wf 7710 and 7720? Has anyone seen or tried out the ecotank et2720? it has no tanks? Could you just put cobra ink in there? 

Thanks,

Christi

6 hours ago, sdgirl said:

I know this is an old post, but the only one I found talking about the smaller epson printers. I have the wf1100 and it is clogged to no fixing it due to a move and it being in storage. I am looking into getting another printer to replace. It wf1100 is no longer available. Can any inkjet printers use the pigment ink? It looks like for the wider/longer printing options out there now are the wf 7710 and 7720? Has anyone seen or tried out the ecotank et2720? it has no tanks? Could you just put cobra ink in there? 

Thanks,

Christi

That printer says it's not capable of photo prints so I am pretty sure that means it will not run the pigment based inks. So no I think the pigment ink would clog up immediately as pigment ink has suspended solids in the ink where regular office printing dye ink does not. 

51 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

That printer says it's not capable of photo prints so I am pretty sure that means it will not run the pigment based inks. So no I think the pigment ink would clog up immediately as pigment ink has suspended solids in the ink where regular office printing dye ink does not. 

Thank you.