Sign in to follow this  
petermcg

Creation Pcut CT630 Connection Problems

Hi there Guys, I am in New Zealand and have been trying to get my Pcut working for months now. I have also tried to get help from other forums, but I get no response, reading through this thread I see many interesting ideas that may help me.

I have a creation Pcut 630 its old looking now but I believe it to have never been used yet. It was origonally just a USB plug on the side, I could not connect.!  It was mother board version 8 (the mother board is in the base of the cutter). I was advised to use serial connection if I could. So I purchased a motherboard version 8.8 that had the 10 pin header for a serial connection, trouble is I dont know if the machine should have a 25 pin or 9 pin Dsub plug on the side plate, also dont Know if its female or male. From what I have gathered so far I have been told that is should be a 9 pin,Dsub, but still not sure if its male or female, I have a connector that has a 9 pin male Dsub plug to experiment with, so anyway it  is a 9 wire grey ribbon cable with a 10 pin black header plug at the motherboard end, I believe one pin is unused. ,,, So I also dont know if the cable between the PC and Cutter is modem or null modem and have been experimenting with two cable ends and a joining block inbetween them, trying all the different pin out  wiring that I can, the day it starts cutting I will probably sheet myself with fright. So anyway it still does not work, I am using sign blazer on windows 7.

I have the same cutter. I have not replaced the motherboard on mine in the 4 or so years I have had mine and have had no issues. Make sure you have the correct driver downloaded for the machine...only times I wasn't able to cut there was an updated driver available. However I am using Signcut Pro and running from Mac OSX so not sure if that makes a difference.

I had a P-Cut 1200 as my first cutter. I think mine had a serial port and a USB also. I think you are brave trying to hand wire a new plug in there. Good luck with it and maybe someone will come along who has done similar. Hopefully you don't dump a bunch of money into it. The P-Cuts are a decent cutter but still a stepper motor machine and not terribly expensive to replace outright.