I have the 28" Titan. Machine will randomly in the middle of a cut it will make a weird noise and where the straight line is, it will make a grinding sound and do zig zag lines. Its not the file considering ive cut it many times over and over, something is up with the cutter. Anybody know what could be up with it? Its once in a blue it does this, but very aggravating when its in the middle of a huge job.

When you installed the static wire ( green wire on the cutter to the stand ) did you bare the metal where it connects ? If not do so it could be static. Beyond that call support.

• Like 2

Yes it is bare metal, I have grounded many systems in cars before so I know that concept.

Once i cancel the cut, it makes a high pitch noise Until i turn it off, and turn it back on.

Yes it is bare metal, I have grounded many systems in cars before so I know that concept.

This is a common mistake by many users that is why I suggested it, I had no idea you were an auto mechanic. 

Believe it or not your computer can an effect on your cutter in many ways. I recently swapped out an older desktop running my newest titan for an i5 laptop. SCALP and VM are resource hungry both were causing me issues with the cutter. It would stop in the middle of cutting and chatter at times when it cut, so a quick test with a different laptop confirmed the issue.

Just a thought -

Believe it or not your computer can an effect on your cutter in many ways. I recently swapped out an older desktop running my newest titan for an i5 laptop. SCALP and VM are resource hungry both were causing me issues with the cutter. It would stop in the middle of cutting and chatter at times when it cut, so a quick test with a different laptop confirmed the issue.

Just a though

thats one thing i dont know how to adjust on my laptop is to change the resource usage. I am running 16gb of ram right now with a 1tb ssd drive i7 quad core on a lenovo and i think a 1-2gb display card with dual outputs for vga and mini display port.

Just a thought -

I got a lenovo laptop a few months back and it will run my titan 2, but the cuts are awful and makes the carriage "stutter" when it cuts. Hook the cutter back up to my old Dell E6500 and it cuts great, smooth and faster. Both laptops are running windows 7 pro.