Sign in to follow this  
cardudenc

Roland Color Camm Pro PC-60

I found this used cutter for sell. I see its a cutter and printer. did a lil online research, saw most complaint was for the cost of using it for printing and heads going bad. can anyone school me on this machine? ins and outs and what would be a decent price if its a decent cond and working machine. owner told me he never used the printing feature

• Like 1

about 2 years ago I read where heads were no longer available so everyone was ditching them pretty cheap - 

As long as your clean the heads after every print it`s all good.

Still running one that i`ve had for 8 years.

mark-s

• Like 2

mark - must be most people didn't clean them enough  - - - - 

you are correct.

mark-s

I think I read somewhere that you should also wipe down the vinyl with rubbing alcohol before printing...

• Like 1

what would be a decent price if its a decent cond and working machine.

I have seen them sell on eBay for between $300-$500 with shipping. I read somewhere that the newer PC-600 is better than the PC-60 because it has a ribbon saver feature unlike the older, PC-60.

The ribbons can be hard to find, and may soon be gone for good. Graphtec discontinued the ribbon cartridges, a company called zeronine was selling ribbon refills

but I am not sure if they are still in production, there are some for sale on eBay right now. There is a German company that is currently producing the ribbon refills which they sell on eBay but shipping is not cheap and who knows how much longer they will be selling them...

Maybe mark-s can confirm but I believe you can't run these machines on anything newer than Windows XP.

I may still have a comp that has windows xp on it.if not, guess  that would def be a deal breaker. the guy stopped by my shop, when he saw my cutter told me had this 1, and  that he had only used it as a cutter. he said he would take 800. I tried to do some research on it and most I found was about the cost of ink and use. was thinking it might be a decent piece for me to get started in the printing side of this

You can find many XP computers on Ebay under $100 free ship..   Also might work on Windows 7 32 bit...    I purchased  Flexidesigner 7.6  recently for cheap.  that was only for  Windows  XP and older,,  And it worked on Windows 7 32 bit..just fine. . 

I may still have a comp that has windows xp on it.if not, guess  that would def be a deal breaker. the guy stopped by my shop, when he saw my cutter told me had this 1, and  that he had only used it as a cutter. he said he would take 800. I tried to do some research on it and most I found was about the cost of ink and use. was thinking it might be a decent piece for me to get started in the printing side of this

make sure the print head works at 100 percent - it is a mechanical head and not an ink head - last I knew 2 years ago people couldn't buy them - if the head has a line thru it now it doesn't matter how cheap it is if you can't get the part 

thanx, anything else I should look for? I can tell u every area to look at when purchasing a used jeep. lol

I usually never buy used equipment. I just figure this prob sold for a whole lot more new. and if its a decent machine maybe would  worth the investment for me to get started into printing. still guess would need to find the best source for ink seeing most say thats what the exspense is in running this machine.