FrznFire07

Perforated Window Graphics

Alright wrap guys... what brand of perf does everybody use and how long do you typically expect it to last on a vehicle?

Not much help but from experience , last year my buddy had one done from a shop in the next town over from us, that does police vehicles etc and it didnt last 6 months, i realized It wasnt laminated, ink was fading and wiping off just by touch.guy was willing to take care of it but how can you trust him after he did it wrong the first time ,cost my buddy 300 originally and it was a business design.he still hasnt gone back yet. He keeps hoping ill get into printing sooner lol.

Not much help but from experience , last year my buddy had one done from a shop in the next town over from us, that does police vehicles etc and it didnt last 6 months, i realized It wasnt laminated, ink was fading and wiping off just by touch.guy was willing to take care of it but how can you trust him after he did it wrong the first time ,cost my buddy 300 originally and it was a business design.he still hasnt gone back yet. He keeps hoping ill get into printing sooner lol.

wow, if the ink is wiping off there's a huge problem there, I wouldn't be going back. Yea we laminate ours with optically clear lamination, they just don't last long and I know they aren't really supposed to, it's just awfully expensive material for temporary use basically (1-2 years)

• Like 1

We use a few brands, Instant One Media works well and we also like the N.Glantz BePerf... everything else is over priced.

We don't laminate our window perf at all, it actually causes more issues than not. With our latex we are getting a minimum of 2 years with minor fading. My truck has perf from almost two years ago and it still looks great.

try 3m possibly

we are using 3M

We use a few brands, Instant One Media works well and we also like the N.Glantz BePerf... everything else is over priced.

We don't laminate our window perf at all, it actually causes more issues than not. With our latex we are getting a minimum of 2 years with minor fading. My truck has perf from almost two years ago and it still looks great.

really?! no lamination? heck 2 years with no lamination is fantastic! we get maybe 18 months out of 3M with optically clear laminate. what kind of issues do you experience with the lamination?

we are using 3M

really?! no lamination? heck 2 years with no lamination is fantastic! we get maybe 18 months out of 3M with optically clear laminate. what kind of issues do you experience with the lamination?

this is still on the truck 5+ years and still looks great  with roland ink and frog juice - what ink are you using? :huh:

post-2742-0-25638300-1463763397_thumb.jp

this one was  5+ years right before we sold the truck.  same thing with roland ink and frog juice on 3m material

post-2742-0-68648400-1463764331_thumb.jp

frog juice? i never thought about using that on a perf.  we use Mutoh Ink with our Mutoh Valuejet 1324.  Fading hasn't been an issue, one we did about 2 years ago, the lamination actually seems to have failed in the holes of the perf.  so now the lamination has holes just like the perf and it has been collecting dirt like crazy.  it looks like crap.  

Personally I can't stand looking thru even "optically clear" lam so never use it

We have had issues with condensation building up in the holes, we have had the edges curl back due to the laminates shrinking, we have had the laminates scratch and obscure the view even more.

We love our latex inks, they stay vibrant and are very scratch resistant.

I'm looking at getting this done, 

what does it cost for a back of a pickup truck 

kinda what i was thinking

post-16863-0-98761700-1463969229_thumb.j

First off that is a horrible design for a window perf. That isnt me being offensive, I like it but here is a tip:

Window perf works on the optical illusion principle of dark is invisible and light is visible. The reason why you can see out from the inside is because the adhesive is dark grey/black. The reason why you cant see in is that white surface tricks the eyes in to believing it's solid.

First off that is a horrible design for a window perf. That isnt me being offensive, I like it but here is a tip:

Window perf works on the optical illusion principle of dark is invisible and light is visible. The reason why you can see out from the inside is because the adhesive is dark grey/black. The reason why you cant see in is that white surface tricks the eyes in to believing it's solid.

So, what would you do .. I just wanted to keep the background black like the truck.