Sign in to follow this  
DJB Customs

Really Need Help

So I just purchased the Titan 2 cutter and some oracle 631 I am new to all of this stuff I tried to do my first cut and its performing the test cut perfectly it cuts the vinyl leaving the backing intact so i assume my blade setting is good.  Now I am using my iMac and the software provided which is the Sure Cuts A lot Pro 3 I am trying to just cut out a name as a sample and it first cut out a strait line, second attempt it swallowed all my vinyl and went side ways.  Can someone please help I just spend $1,400 hoping the process wouldn't be too difficult and I am starting to feel like It was a bad move.  I currently create and sell custom shirts, denim vest and converse mainly for children using transfer paper and a heat press I wanted to start new creations using vinyl but I am just completely lost and frustrated because I literally know none who is familiar that can be o help to me.  So any help tips and info would be super helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

Hi again,  what you are describing sure sounds like a communication error of some sort.

It could be a bad com between the cutter and mac, or perhaps even a bad internal com at the motherboard level inside the machine (which is a warrantied item).

In any case, your troubleshooting needs to begin with the software, and have FutureCorp CraftEdge support walk you through the settings with your mac to be sure that's all good.

(FutureCorp  CraftEdge is the software company for SCAL)

Edited by slice&dice

This is how to set your blade depth correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

In any case, your troubleshooting needs to begin with the software, and have FutureCorp. support walk you through the settings with your mac to be sure that's all good.

(FutureCorp is the software company for SCAL)

Incorrect info Slice.  Craftedge.com  is the software company for Scalp.     Make sure you have activated your software. 

FutureCorp is for Vinyl Master software

Craftedge.com does have it's own forum for use of the software. 

When loading your vinyl. make sure the pinch rollers are just inside the edge of the vinyl.  And Make sure the pinch rollers are above the grit rollers below..   And never be pulling from the roll while cutting.  Always have enough vinyl slack to do your order. 

Did that thing come with a pen attachment? If so I would suggest a little learning time with the pen tool first so you don't waste vinyl. Butcher paper or something similar to run the pen on. 

When the time comes to cut DO follow Mz Skeeter's tried and true blade set-up. You would be surprised how many little problems you will avoid simply by getting the blade depth set correctly. Your current issue does NOT sound like a blade depth problem though. 

Double check that your pinch rollers are over one of the grit roller locations to properly get hold on the vinyl.  

• Like 1

dont forget to mirrow your design before you cut it.