Sign in to follow this  
cardudenc

new sc cutter carriage not moving the cutter blade dn to cut

I posted on a few old threads, thought maybe would be better to start my own.

just as I have now read on several threads on here my cutter came out of the box not working.

1st issue was the carriage was off track, after researching and fixing that issue and trying a test cut ended up with nothing. now after several hours of reading on here and google searches . checked and the carriage isn't moving the cutter blade up or down. just don't see any fixes anywhere. this is truly frustrating for a newbie. you don't know if its you not getting things set up correctly or the equipment. what a 1st experience. I now see why everyone says stay clear of these lower end units.

Vinylmaster cut 4.0 came with it.

I think that is my only option. call support tom.

sure doesn't help with what I needed to cut this weekend.

Just subbed out my work, from the price quote this guy dont believe in the "i scratch your back you scratch mine" business etiquette.lol

I was looking at the laserpoint , now thinking that's def where I should've invested my $ I was wanting to spend on this education. was thinking I could get my feet wet with this sc then upgrade to either a more commercial model ( roland) or maybe something that was printer/cutter. wanted to get in and learning all the ins and outs before making a decision on that much of machine.

so the carriage is running back and forth and the plotter is moving the vinyl back and forth but the blade isn't dropping is that correct?

This is a skilled job, you are trying to learn,, you should not accept orders or promise work until you learn your machine and software like a pro....I did not accept any orders for a month, until I knew how to run my machine and all the ins and outs. That is your reputation, on the line..Each of these machines have their own quirks about them. .  Take time and learn the machine and software first,  before taking orders or promising work, you have no clue how to do...My 2c.  We have seen too many newbies promising orders and work, before you even know a thing.. That will make you very over whelmed and frustrated.and give you a bad name..You need to practice, practice practice....  I still learn new things all the time. ..

• Like 1

Don't think you are the only one who this has happened too. 

It's fairly common to have some initial problems right at first. Particularly with the lower tier machines.  Most of them are simple user errors but every now and then something major is actually wrong and needs repair/replacement.  Most likely the laser point would not really have been any different than what you are experiencing. 

If it responds to a test cut then you are probably just having connection issues. If it won't do anything on it's own then something more serious may be wrong. 

You should have a manual but in case you don't here is a link. Hopefully you read Chenglish. 

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/275

I read on here for hrs. dn loaded the manual and any other useful info.

the sign job promised is for the wife. worst cust. ever. lol. guess I should rephrase that, the signs are for our business together, we have 3 or 4 maybe 12 things going on at 1 location.

I'm not going into this truly blind. its just been a long, I mean long time since I messed with something like this. so I figure its just best getting back into it to start green. I figure almost everything has changed and gotten better since me and a friend was making bumper stickers. also hve a background in cnc machining. but being older and rusty, it has def made for some trying times, especially with a faulty machine and a wife wanting the stuff done 2 weeks ago. I had made up my mind to start off with a laserpoint, a guy in cust. serv or sales talked me out of it. said start off with a mh then after I feel its something going to stick with step up to a titan 2 or if really getting into it something like a roland. I started to tell him my summer job after I graduated in 85 as a Mercedes, Porsche, and what my boss then called poor mans Porsche the vw tech. I still have the pocket screwdriver and pocket protector the snap on guy gave when I bought my 1st set of snap on screw drivers. lol still have those too, and they came with a cool snap on mirror. and yes, its in the man cave anyway, I cant ever go for the bottom, I always hit the middle if I cant afford higher up. now if I would've stumbled across the titan someone posted in this thread, that's prob the 1 I would've went with versus the SC

in my jeep biz I have customers tell me all the time that " I know everything about a jeep"  I'm the jeep "guru" and all kinds of things like that. my response is ... once u feel u know it all about something u just became the dumbest person on whatever it is. I learn something new everyday with all I mess with, which is about everything. " Jack of All Trades...... Master of None"