storm2313

Contour Cut Lines Don't Change When Adjusting Them By Small Increments..

I noticed if you adjust the contour cut perimeter to .004 to anywhere under .010 you never see the adjustment in the software reflected on the graphic your putting it around. I want to make sure even though the software isn't reflecting such small adjustments it will still be cut at the set perimeter be it .004, through .010, and so forth.

I realize we're talking about thousandths of an inch, but I was under the assumption the software would reflect it regardless of how small an adjustment you make.

Thank you for any input.

I honestly didn't try that till you mentioned it. It make sense that would make it identifiable, but it didn't make the line change. I did find if you zoom in that anything past .010 of an inch is visually reflected in the software. I hope Futurecorp confirms it isn't visual in the software, but the contour line will be adjusted to perimeter dimensions when performing the physical cut.

Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

Just try a couple small test cuts and check for yourself if the line moves. Seems like a pretty easy thing to check out.

Honestly to visually see a few thousandths is really hard especially when we're looking at  a variance of 2-3 of them. I was just curious if Futurecorp can confirm the software doesn't register those adjustments under .010 in down to .004.

The software works down to very small increments but we must cap this to prevent processing errors between very large page sizes and large zoom levels (it is a range). The numbers mentioned here are very small and most cutters only work to 40 units per mm or 1000 units per inch.

Makes sense. That's what I was thinking. Is there a certain measurement that's recommended to stay within?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.