artisculture

Noob from Illinois

Hello All,

I've been cutting vinyl for about a month now and I see a big demand for photos on shirts. Hows the best way to do this with limited funds?

Welcome from Michigan - cheapest way is pigment ink printer and jpss

Welcome from Idaho

I agree with Dakota. JPSS (Jet Pro Soft Stretch) on white shirts. Cotton or cotton poly blends. 

No. There is another product for darks. The best one we have found is 3G made by the same company but not many of us are fans. It feels like someone glued a piece of paper on the front of the shirt. The JPSS is basically a polymer of some sort that accepts the ink and you press it on the shirt and it and the ink stay there when you pull the paper back off. The 3G is more like a piece of vinyl that you print the image in regular view (not mirrored) and transfer the whole thing over onto the shirt. 

Thanks Wildgoose. I have been searching the forum for answers and I found that sublimation printing is the alternative as well as printing on vinyl. Whats you guys take on these options?

I don't want to be the only one commenting so hopefully some of the others will chime in but Sublimation on darks is a very special process so it's primarily for white 100%-85% polyester garments. Printing on vinyl is going to require an appropriate printer which = big bucks. Cut vinyl (HTV) is a great option for simple designs. Direct to Garment printers are another great way to get there on lights OR darks but once again comes with a mighty hefty up front investment. If you decide to go that particular route I suggest more than a little research into a good brand. 

• Like 1