It's  a playground for copyrighted works - unless you have a good niche you won't do well. 

• Like 2

It's  a playground for copyrighted works - unless you have a good niche you won't do well. 

These words are so true, and if you have niche doesnt always mean your going to sell. And if your new with no reviews people do not pay much attention to you.

• Like 1

I wanted to try etsy but there is alot of vinyl people on there.And yes you have to have a niche. 

I sell on etsy. I don't try very hard at all though... but I don't really think its worth it. People don't leave reviews very often and I average about 2 sales a month lol. To many people selling on there and for cheap. However I do get about 15 views a day and 2 people favoriting my items but rarely purchase.

• Like 1

I sell on etsy. I don't try very hard at all though... but I don't really think its worth it. People don't leave reviews very often and I average about 2 sales a month lol. To many people selling on there and for cheap. However I do get about 15 views a day and 2 people favoriting my items but rarely purchase.

Sounds like the sublimation cutting board I got a like and no buyer so its like ok?:huh: Then your also right either people are selling low or selling to high. SO you play around with prices and nothing happens. There are just to many fly by night do it for a kick people on their screwing it up for us real business people.

I use to sell on Etsy. Started in 2009 when it was sort of new and quit in 2015 when it got overcrowded. Personally, I feel that the time to start a online vinyl decal business has come and gone. Too many "crafters" that can sell right next to you and they either don't know or don't care if they are making a profit.

That's not to say someone can't find a niche and make a decent living from vinyl decals, t-shirts, etc. Anything is possible if you're willing to put in the hard work. If you create hundreds of designs and list across multiple sales platforms you might be able to make a go of it.

Etsy Sales:

2009: $3,504 (Started in June)

2010: $9,399

2011: $16,599

2012: $20,762

2013: $14,141

2014: $11,172

2015: $5,171 (Quit in September)

• Like 1

tried it twice - for me the juice just wasn't worth the squeezin 

• Like 1

I tried a couple years ago, and I didn't sell anything,,,I also thought their ad platform was taking too much time to fill out..  I did variations and for each ad you had to enter it for every ad..Nothing like Ebay has "Sell Similar" and everything is filled out for you..  I haven't been back. .  

I tried a couple years ago, and I didn't sell anything,,,I also thought their ad platform was taking too much time to fill out..  I did variations and for each ad you had to enter it for every ad..Nothing like Ebay has "Sell Similar" and everything is filled out for you..  I haven't been back. .  

I think they have been getting better over the years. Before, you had to list variations with different prices as separate listings. They have since allowed price variations on one listing. Such as Small, Medium, and Large sizes, then choose a vinyl color. Once you get a listing template dialed in, you can then copy the listing and just change whatever needs changing.

I don't understand how they get away with all the copy right stuff? Here I am etching Blackhawks mugs and I'm totally freaking out about it (I don't do many...but still) and Etsy is a breeding ground for copy right everything!

I don't understand how they get away with all the copy right stuff? Here I am etching Blackhawks mugs and I'm totally freaking out about it (I don't do many...but still) and Etsy is a breeding ground for copy right everything!

Oh they get caught - mostly turned in by another member selling the same stuff trying to thin the herd  - then they take to the forums and complain about getting their shop shut down. Same as on eBay there are just more of them on Etsy.

A word of advice DON'T EVER post on the forums there. They will find things in your shop that you had NO idea had a copyright on it and turn you in. 

• Like 1

I sell on etsy. It's a part time for me. I'm in my 2nd year and have a little over 100 sales. This year is definitely better than my last. There are some people that have tons of items in their shop. I have about 22 items. I've made enough to pay for my equipment and then some. It takes time to get comfortable with it. Overall I like Etsy.

LOL...talk about creating a niche market!

:rolleyes:

I sell on etsy and I do very well, its the reason I actually purchased a cutter.  wanted to offer new items being that i am already established.  They charge fees but they advertise so well I have tons of traffic.

• Like 3

I have an etsy. In the past 30 days I've had 30+ sales. Some for custom work, but realistically you don't make much. I think I've made a total of $200 or less and that includes a couple of coro signs.

I do this as a hobby, though I am slowly starting to dislike it. The only place I've made money is through etsy. I am not really sure of how to make money outside of online and always tend to end up doing decals which bums me out. Dabbling around with plates at the moment and may hit up some craft fairs in the coming weeks when I get my car back on the road.

Whats your etsy page? I'll take a look at it. Maybe you might need to tweek your SEO/tags to get more view which could lead to sales.