Sign in to follow this  
DowntimeDesign

New from Ohio LOOKING FOR REVIEWS!!

I have been doing vinyl decals on my US Cutter plotter for almost 2 years now. I decided I want to get a heat press and start expanding into doing t shirts. What do I need to looks for? What are some things to stay away from? What brands and size press are you guys using? What brand vinyl and what thicknesses or things of that sort do I need to look for. I have ONLY done plotted vinyl decals with oracal 651 so far. I am a new to anything else. THANKS in advance! !

A little research on this forum site will answer all those questions for you.

Sue2

siser eazyweed for vinyl, many of us started with a 15x15 and then moved to a 16x24,   if you stay in it you will probably end up with a hotronix or knight but for starting most people start with a chinese press and check the temps carefully with a ir thermometer.  one thing we have noticed is a lot more people are happy with a regular press and not a multi press - the 5 in 1 and 8 in one tend to not do any functions as well as one dedicated for one thing

one thing I do look for on any press is over the center pressure adjustment like the one below - that has proved to be stronger over the long haul than the ones with the pressure adjustment in back

http://www.uscutter.com/15-x-15-Auto-Opening-Clamshell-Heat-Press