AmericanWarriorDecals

Space evenly in SCALP 3

I was wondering if there was an option to select several objects and auto space them evenly vertically or horizontally?  I've been looking around and cant figure it out.  Seems like it would be a basic need.  Thank you!

I have Scal 4.  On the right hand side select the position and size tab.  Put a check mark in the "to page" box.  Then you can select your item and Align.

original.jpg

• Like 1

Does that work in the sense that say I have a cirle and words about and below it.  If I selected all three, then centered, it would center the 3 objects vertically with each other, not move it to the center of the page as it does currently?

I hate to say it but SCALP kind of sucks for real design work. I think USCutter is even making moves away from it now that Vinyl Master is available. I tried out a beta version several years ago and found it frustrating and lacking in a lot of ways. I know there are users on the forum who have it down pretty good but you might want to think thorough what your end goal and plan is for your cutter. If you are a hobbyist strictly then it's probably sufficient. If you are planning to do substantial business with your cutter you will probably be better served with a better built program. VM as stated has been getting good reviews although I think you need a fairly high version to get all the bells and whistles. Personally I design in AI and then just use a cutting utility to cut with (SignCut Pro). There is also Inkscape that is free and superior to SCALP for design. Can't cut from it without a plug-in (same with AI and Corel) but if you are on the leading edge and preparing to invest a lot of time learning to design then you might be better off choosing something more robust now rather than a year from now and have to re-learn most of what you know all over again. 

Just my $0.02

• Like 3

I hate to say it but SCALP kind of sucks for real design work. I think USCutter is even making moves away from it now that Vinyl Master is available. I tried out a beta version several years ago and found it frustrating and lacking in a lot of ways. I know there are users on the forum who have it down pretty good but you might want to think thorough what your end goal and plan is for your cutter. If you are a hobbyist strictly then it's probably sufficient. If you are planning to do substantial business with your cutter you will probably be better served with a better built program. VM as stated has been getting good reviews although I think you need a fairly high version to get all the bells and whistles. Personally I design in AI and then just use a cutting utility to cut with (SignCut Pro). There is also Inkscape that is free and superior to SCALP for design. Can't cut from it without a plug-in (same with AI and Corel) but if you are on the leading edge and preparing to invest a lot of time learning to design then you might be better off choosing something more robust now rather than a year from now and have to re-learn most of what you know all over again. 

Just my $0.02

I agree with Wildgoose. I have scalps 4 pro and i design 98% in Ai then tweak a little or use the shadow feature and then just use scalps for cutting on my titan2. i really dont like it beyond that.Im seriously thinking on getting the VM pro. if i know it can shoot scalps out of the water completely.