Sign in to follow this  
thebuigarian

Graphtec CE3000-60 Help, it's my dads dream to use this but I can't set it up.

Hey everyone, my dad recently saved up enough money to finally buy a used Graphtec CE3000-60. He has been an artist his whole life and really wants to get into vinyl cutting but for the life of me I can not figure out how to set up this thing (neither can he, he is not very good with computers but does know Corel Draw)

Anyway, I have two computers, one with Windows 7 and one with Windows 10.

I prefer to set it up on the one with Windows 7. 

Here's some of my questions:

Because it's an older model, will it even work on Windows 7/10?

Can I use CorelDraw to make it print something? 

Do I need extra software that adds onto Corel Draw?

What file is recognized by this printer?

How can I make sure that the computer recognizes it as a printer?

Will I even be able to use Corel Draw x8 Academic version for printing? (The website says the Cutting Master 2.0 only supports up to x7 but idk...)

and my biggest one... How do I set it all up?

I just really need a step by step, or at least a simplified version of the general things I need to do.

Any help would be appreciated, I have been struggling with downloading programs and drivers for a couple of days and still no luck with figuring it out.

Thank you all again!

What's software programs do you have to cut ?

Right now I have Corel Draw X8 Academic trial version, I will be buying the full version if I can actually get the cutter to work. But other than that I don't have any other software 

Okay, I have SignCut Productivity Pro, and your plotters driver are here so you should get it. They have a trial version, I suggest that just to see if it detects your machine.

FREE Signblazer has it listed as being able to use it.   it is an unlimited FREE trial.   Download can be found here on the forum.   Owner passed away several years ago, so it is abandoned software.It has not been updated for years.  but either has your cutter...

Listen to Mz SKEETER, he knows what he's talking about

no,,, SHE,  knows what she's talking about.  Notice the Mz??

• Like 7

Excuse my French lol, She... I thought Mz was an abbreviation for something else

I'm more hip that Ms....  I use Mz..   ;D  :lol:

• Like 1

Also, If you are using a software other than a Graphtec software, your COMMAND must be on HP-GL

Graphtec software needs to be COMMAND GP-GL

And lose the word "PRINTER"   A Graphtec CE3000-60 is NOT a printer.. It is a vinyl cutter..  It cuts vinyl and other material, it does not print on vinyl. 

beside the above the ce3000 I think will work with cutmaster 2 available to download at the graphtec site so you can cut directly from corel.  part of the mindset to get your head wrapped around is you are installing a plotter and it is not like the printer you are used to - like skeeter pointed out different languages among other changes.   drivers are also available at the graphtecamerica site.  the ce3000 came in 2 flavors - the ce3000 and the ce3000 mk2 denoted by a little tag on the front - big difference is the mk2 has the optical eye for auto registration mark detection

How long have you been doing This for Mz ?

Since late 2006...  I taught myself... I didn't know this forum existed until late 2008....

Woah, I just started that explains me always being in the Help Sections

That is very good that you read and help yourself.  Tons of great info in this friendly forum...

• Like 1

Thank you guys for all your help. Right now I am trying Sign Cut pro, and it detects my cutter! I still have yet to test it because I don't even know how to use the machine, but when I figure it out with my dad, I will definitely update you. Again appreciate everyone!

You'll get it figured out. It's not rocket science but it is a bit technical at first. Graphtec, even an old one like you guys have is a solid machine so unless it was damaged should be good to go. Cutting vinyl is awesome. 

Read Mz. Skeeter's posts and you will soon find her tutorial on setting your blade depth. Then you move onto pressure setting, start low and work up so you avoid damaging your cutting strip or your blade tip. You should cut cleanly through the vinyl and score the carrier sheet but not be able to feel the cut line from the backside. Once set you are usually good to go until your blade gets dull. 

So what are YOU laughing about?   LMAO to your LOL!!!!

Well, everyone thinks YOU are a DUDE!  LOL  OMG

not sure what the beef is but pm if you want to talk it out - it's getting real old with the side handed personal stuff