jskwarek

Bending Layer

I've got a layer that's been converted from text. It's 50" long. I would like to "bend" this text in an arc to match the arc of a windshield. This is a simply transform function in PS but I can't seem to find it in SCALP. This tool is a simple tool so I assume I'm just missing it. Can someone point me in the right direction? All I find when "Googling" is how to add text to an edge.

TIA,

JS

Version 4 has that ability lesser versions do not, you will need to import it from another program.

OR.... I can blame you for making me upgrade to 4. HA!  Been meaning to do it, anyway. Thanks.

JS

I would suggest buying Corel Draw or similar and just import it into SCALP. Inkscape it free and it will do this also.

• Like 1

I agree with busterbay. There are people making do with SCALP in one version or the other but that is exactly what they are doing...making do.. as compared to a regular design program that is specifically ready to do those sorts of things. I am not a Corel person but a LOT of people have good success with it. 

There are other double duty programs that I think are more successful at the process than SCALP like Vinyl Master and Flexi. These come with a price tag and you still have to be careful that you are getting all the bells and whistles you may want or you'll find yourself in the same boat some day asking why you can't do this or that, oh...it in the PRO version or similar.  I personally design in AI (fully functional all the time) and then cut is SignCut Pro which has all the cutting tools of the highest levels of the combo programs. That's my combination that works for ME. Everyones taste are different. 

• Like 1

I've got AI, I just need to sit down and learn it, better. I can rock PS and the pen tool there with no issues. I get into the vector world of AI and the pen tool whoops my arse. I just have to focus, sit down and learn the program, better.

Thanks all,

JS

• Like 1

I'm not much of a PS wizard so I feel your pain in reverse.