Sign in to follow this  
JLS Design

Transfer Tape Peeling Up

So I have some RTape, 4075 and I've noticed it likes to peel up on the corners.

Anyone have some tips on how to prevent that from  happening?

I'm going to do more website searches as well, just wanted to post a thread to the top.

Most of my applications right now are window stickers.

I use the 6.5" wide Clear choice AT65, and that works well, and the corners do not curl up on me.  It's great for layered vinyl too.  

I always just use transparent tape, and tape paper tape down. as I ship everything.  Never a complaint.

• Like 2

Honestly even the 4076 peels up at the corners. I thought it was just my 24" roll, but I recently used a 15" roll by the guy I work together with and it does the same crap.

If you are storing something or holding on to it, a piece of tape on the side or extending the app tape and folding it over the back works.

• Like 1

Well I'm glad it's just not me then.  LOL

I really like the AT65 stuff.    I'll be buying more of that stuff for sure.

Try the Oracal HT-55 transfer tape. I have used tons of it and it stays down on the backing.

AT-65 is really nice. Its the same as old AT-60 used to be. The only thing, is it has to be stored out of sunlight and heat. If you get it hot it will bubble and tunnel.

Most application tape will curl / lift on the corners. I have found that Transferite has a better chance to stick but it's a little costly. But at the end of the day as long as you package the decal properly it will not be an issue. The tape serves one purpose move the decal from the backing paper to the the substrate.  I have sold many decals and I have only had one person that had an issue, I think they were looking for a free decal.

Just a comment about clear tape,Clear tape is not a good choice for a decal that needs to be wet installed.