Primal Decals

Scissors only help

I try not to ask for help but im striking out on my own,,,, (I have the fonts) and im working on finding the flourish swirls to match.......It tried tracing but the scissors image is to poor of quality for me  And i tried looking for something as close as possible to this cause it has to be open as well with the same style around the handles etc.  but here is the image. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to an image or help etc..Im trying to help out a friend who opened a new shop after a few years of looking for the best location so i get the joy of helping now . I have no idea where they got the scissors image and they dont remember cause they have had it for so long and just now wanting me to help them.. Thank you in advanced    Oh and this will not be printed.

.post-88251-0-00725100-1462472642_thumb.j

post-88251-0-52648100-1462472798_thumb.p

Here, you can try these files- I edited out grey colors in photoshop- and traced in Illustrator- saved as Version 8.

It will need manual node editing / smoothing. Its saved as two colors -version 2 should have the white removed- but they both still may have a mask.

scissors cropped Trace ver 1.eps

• Like 2

Here's a quick manual trace, not entirely happy with the cutouts in the handle portion but not too bad. I also didn't blunt the scissor tips. I like the look of the sharp point better.

scissors.eps

• Like 2

Thank you guys very much, i will check it out. this one really stumped me. now im curious what you used for tracing ? i tried vector magic and Ai with no half usable luck at all. I didnt try Corel x7 tho. i forgot about having it and still not sure how to use it yet.

I used Adobe Illustrator CS6 for tracing- removed background in photoshop with magic wand.

• Like 1