Slvrfx

USCutter is cutting the design twice...

So I sent a design to the cutter and it goes over the design twice making it take twice as long to finish.. Been cutting a while and haven't seen it do this. Is it the design that's making it cut what's already been cut or a setting that needs to be changed? Thanks!

It is usually double paths on the designs.  Ai files  will do that,, If the background is white, it thinks it is a color also. So it will cut 2 times....  See if you can delete part and there is another design under it..  And make use you don't have 2 passes checked in your software. 

• Like 1

Ok I'll check it out. It just sucked because I'm doing 18 decals in one print and have some registration marks because I'm doing two colors. So it will cut all 18 decals but before it cuts the registration marks it goes over all 18 again. I could stop it early if it didn't wait til the end to do the registration marks. But I'll look and see about the 2 passes thing.

did you check to see if you have one image laying directly on top of another - think that is what skeeter was saying - not that the cutter is set for 2 passes - if there are 2 images it will cut both of them but to the naked eye it looks like one

I think he means your design, not the settings on the cutter.  That is you have a duplicate of the design sitting on top of a copy.  Thus two cuts.  If you can post the file on dropbox or something, I am sure tons of people will have a look at it.  You didn't say what design software you are using, or what cutting software.  Somebody here has something that can open whatever it is.

If your design software has an outline or wireframe view, view it that way, drag the design off center, and see if a duplicate is underneath.

• Like 1

That was exactly it. I had a duplicate underneath! Well there's a lot of settings I still know nothing about but I'm learning more everyday, I'll definitely go through this forum and look through all the threads to find out more!

Thanks for the help guys!

• Like 3