mojorizing

Origin or Work Space Margin

I've searched the forum on this basic problem I'm having, but I really don't know what to search for.

The problem is the cross-hatched area of the attached photo.  I have an MH-721 and setup the printer with a 28" wide paper.

I can't seem to reduce the cross-hatched area and eliminate the offset when the pen holder moves to draw the circle and it's square border.  The origin (0, 0) is the lower left of the cross-hatch area.

What setting am I missing?post-98261-0-38547500-1462398322_thumb.j

What is that cross hatch area?

I've never seen that before.

What is that cross hatch area?

I've never seen that before.

First I've ever seen it too. Been using SB since 2008.

I've searched the forum on this basic problem I'm having, but I really don't know what to search for.

The problem is the cross-hatched area of the attached photo.  I have an MH-721 and setup the printer with a 28" wide paper.

I can't seem to reduce the cross-hatched area and eliminate the offset when the pen holder moves to draw the circle and it's square border.  The origin (0, 0) is the lower left of the cross-hatch area.

What setting am I missing?attachicon.giforigin.jpg

Can you click on "Setup" and show us what that looks like?

Disregard the value of 4.00 in the Vertical Nudge Amount in the lower right of the screen - there's no change if the value is 0.00

Setup window

post-98261-0-20633800-1462404279_thumb.j

Workspace window

post-98261-0-91052300-1462404331_thumb.j

Settings look pretty normal. I don't see anything that would be causing that.

Wait a second - something's funky here.  Using the fixed measuring tape on the printer with the carriage all the way to the right (bottom in the pics above), the pen (or cutter) is located at approx. 3 1/4" on the tape.  Paper to the right of 3 1/2" is in the cross-hatched area, a no-mans land area, unable to reach that.  Yet my origin is in the far right (or lower edge in the pics) of the cutter.  It seems like my origin needs an offset in the software.  

Are you putting your vinyl/paper in the cutter so the edge of it is against the edge of the cutter? If so, don't. Line the edge of the vinyl/paper up with the blade, with a bit of a margin.

Advertising the cutter as a 28" cutter is a bit deceptive. True, it can fit 28"s of material, but the cutting area is only about 24".

Also lose the "Printer" unless you are actually printing and then moving to your cutter (technically cutting plotter but cutter gets the point across effectively). It gets people confused. Even if you are using your pen attachment it is a plotter not a printer. 

I now understand the cross-hatched area as area that the 28" MH721 can't reach.

Looking at the situation more this is what I see:

As a plotter with pen installed, I take it off line and origin set (0,0) on plotter display when carriage is all the way to the right.

Next using SB with origin set at either lower left corner of cross-hatch area or lower left corner of border of the circle ( using the set origin window), the carriage always travels to x=3822, y=3957 as displayed on the MH721 then starts plotting.  This is with and without "Fit to Origin" box checked, no difference. The plotter allways starts plotting well into the workspace.

What gives?

After conferring with Tech Support at USCutter, re-installed latest SB, and it works as it should, no cross-hatch area, no weird offset.  USCutter Support people rule!