dave_dj1

feeding vinyl, off roll or ?

I was reading in one of the threads last night and someone said not to feed off the roll. How else are you supposed to feed? My titan has two rollers on the back where the roll sits and seems to be of little resistance. I haven't done any large jobs yet so maybe that's why it hasn't been a problem. So far the longest thing I have done was for my truck and it is about 32" long.

anyone have a video of their set up to help newbs like me?

Thanks,

Just a side note, I am loving this Titan II

You don't want the machine actually pulling the vinyl and unrolling it. Puts too much strain on the machine and can affect tracking. I set the roll on the rollers on the machine and then unroll how much I'll need and let it hang.

• Like 2

Thank you DS,

Got another problem, I was trying to cut an old fashioned compass and it would just stop in the middle of the piece with only about 90% of it cut. Any ideas?

Thanks 

Dave

Could be a dozen things. probably best to start a new topic asking for help. Be sure to identify cutter, software, and type of connection between cutter and computer. It may also be helpful if you can post the file you're trying to cut.

Well I'm not sure what was the issue but the first thing I did after searching here was to check for static charge. I didn't see anything but I was running off my laptop with no power cable (batteries) , I shut the program down, re started it with the power cord plugged in and it printed fine. 

Thanks for your help

Well I'm not sure what was the issue but the first thing I did after searching here was to check for static charge. I didn't see anything but I was running off my laptop with no power cable (batteries) , I shut the program down, re started it with the power cord plugged in and it printed fine. 

Thanks for your help

glad you got it working, what type if ink are you printing with? I only cut with my Titan when I had it
  • Like 1

glad you got it working, what type if ink are you printing with? I only cut with my Titan when I had it

I mean cut, I make that mistake all the darn time! LOL  

Sorry, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut.............LOL

• Like 1

I mean cut, I make that mistake all the darn time! LOL  

Sorry, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut.............LOL

it's a newbie thing and some hazing for initiation  - welcome to our twisted group

• Like 1

Well in my defense I can install a pen where the knife goes and it would become a "printer" LOL

Ive always cut off the roll letting it pull with no problem. Only issue I ever had was me not noticing i was close to end of roll and it pick the whole tube up cause end of vinyl taped to it lol. Think longest ive cut was about 6'. I do a lot of windshield banners for businesses and those are generally 36"ish.

Ive always cut off the roll letting it pull with no problem. Only issue I ever had was me not noticing i was close to end of roll and it pick the whole tube up cause end of vinyl taped to it lol. Think longest ive cut was about 6'. I do a lot of windshield banners for businesses and those are generally 36"ish.
some get away with it but quite a few people experience slippage and bad cuts, especially with 50 yd rolls

A few years back, a guy Pmed me, that he was having trouble with his Graphtec,,,,so he bought a 2nd new Graphtec and was having the same problem...He always heard Graphtecs were great, but could not figure out this problem,,,It was cutting horrible.So I asked him a few questions,,2 new Graphtecs, and the same problem?,  So I am thinking user error,..Come to find out he was pulling from the roll while cutting..He never pre fed the vinyl.  And this is an ez feature on a Graphtec...Bought 2 brand new cutters, because he was not giving the vinyl any slack and pulling from the roll.  It was cutting on top of previous cuts. not advancing good.

• Like 1

Dave, Actually if you install a pen in it, it becomes a plotter. B)

Dave, Actually if you install a pen in it, it becomes a plotter. B)

you are correct - wonder how many people around here are old enough to remember when that was a more common use for a plotter so draw diagrams etc.  oh heck now you brought back memories of coding in fortran :(

you are correct - wonder how many people around here are old enough to remember when that was a more common use for a plotter so draw diagrams etc.  oh heck now you brought back memories of coding in fortran :(

Loading a different pen for each line thickness!

And color, I do recall seeing some higher end plotters that held 3 or 4 pens.

• Like 1

And color, I do recall seeing some higher end plotters that held 3 or 4 pens.

I remember the ones with a carousel that it changed pens - was really high tech