Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

Ok..... What's my problem??

After numerous calls into U.S. Cutter, we're still having issues. We tinkered with pressure, speed and blade depth. Seems to work until a day or so later. This has cost me several yards of 651, and an ungodly amount of HTV. It's just out of the blue. I thoughts the cutting strip, but if that was the problem it would be the whole length of the vinyl in that spot. It does it with sign blazer as well, so not a SCALP4 issue. My SC doesn't do it at all. Machine is grounded. Using USB.

post-37957-0-55417000-1462244674_thumb.j

post-37957-0-28134400-1462244683_thumb.j

Check the bearings in the bladeholder? Should spin very smooth- and no slop

It's a brand new machine. But yes, I've made double sure the blade is free.

And it jumps around. It might do it on the right side this time, center of cutter the next..... Or any point in between. It's erratic where it does it; and it doesn't do it all the time.

In my experience the Titans have a tendency for the blade holder to loosen make sure the 2nd knurl knob is tight. Could you post a photo of your holder in the carriage ?

Just throwing this out there.  How is the humidity in the room?  I ran into this issue over the weekend, turned on the dehumidifier and all my cutting problems were solved (well not instantly, but when the humidity came down it started cutting perfect again). 

I think the blade is being dragged around the corner on the B. The plunger portion of the carriage is down from the indentation on the vinyl. maybe the down force is changing intermittently....\

The blade  starts OK on the B,... then as it curves it seems to stop rotating in the holder...  my 2 cents.

I'm assuming file is fine, and blade depth correct.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jburns" data-cid="418053" data-time="1462310226"><p>

I think the blade is being dragged around the corner on the B. The plunger portion of the carriage is down from the indentation on the vinyl. <em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>maybe</strong></em> the down force is changing intermittently....\<br />

<br />

The blade starts OK on the B,... then as it curves it seems to <em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>stop rotating</strong></em> in the holder... my 2 cents.<br />

I'm assuming file is fine, and blade depth correct.</p></blockquote>

Definitely not the file. We cut the same file 10 times for shirts and three times for door decals. Some were perfect, others were miscut in various places.

They're replacing the machine.