bbekbekk

Large Vehicle Graphic Pricing?

Unsure how to even word this.. but I need help if anyone has any insight.

I have someone who is wanting large graphic for the side of his septic tank truck. What he said he wants is basically a vehicle wrap in diamond plate vinyl covering a 4x12ft space to go on first as a background. Then he has a large logo and writing he wants to go on top of that.

1) Is there any diamond plate vinyl rolls that are wider than 24"? I can't find any.. I would think if it weren't a solid sheet then you would see the separation of sheets. I know nothing on vehicle wraps, is there a better alternative for this part of it?

2) I was wondering if someone cold assist in how they price large cut vinyl. I do small-ish car decals usually, the largest I've made is 12x24". He wants text to fill the 4x12ft space, it's 3 lines of text information. Almost all one color (there was a couple small shapes that were a second color). I have no idea on how to price that.  

I told him he'd most likely get the diamond plate vinyl and put that on himself or professionally since I'm not cutting it I don't think it even need it to go to me.. so I'd work on the lettering separately. 

post-98088-0-53444300-1462078718_thumb.j

Have someone print/laminate it for you. Peel, and stick. Oh yeah, septic tank trucks STINK, and they need 'A LOT' of cleaning. And, most don't want to clean em', want you to clean it. I just told my buddy to shove his, a couple weeks ago. 

Have someone print/laminate it for you. Peel, and stick. Oh yeah, septic tank trucks STINK, and they need 'A LOT' of cleaning. And, most don't want to clean em', want you to clean it. I just told my buddy to shove his, a couple weeks ago. 

I wouldn't even know where to get that done, and if that were the case wouldn't he just purchase it from that person/company instead?

Yea I'm definitely not installing it haha already told him that, I'd screw it up most likely anyway. 

We could do that for you with our latex... I'll look to see but I'm pretty sure I can get a outdoor diamond plate in 54". I don't know if it would be air release though. The other option is to print on chrome but that's expensive.

So for a situation like this is it standard to just have them get it printed on car wrap vinyl?

I know I can cut the decal the size he wants but the diamond plate background is what's throwing me off. I don't have experience doing them that large.. and he doesn't want the letters cut from the diamond plate, just wants a large wrap on the side of his tank with it. Then the cut blue vinyl applied to it.

Say he forgets the diamond plate altogether, does anyone have a standard they'd be willing to share how they price large uncomplicated graphics? Text only, not installing it, 4x12 feet.

I know the RTA vinyl formula (L+W)/2 would be $96 and that seems awfully low. I'm new to pricing (not to graphics/decals) , and I know there's been posts asked before but it was vague what I found.

We charge $5/sqft for printing only retail on Avery 1005+1360.

We charge $3.50/sq for the same wholesale.

So Retail we are at $240.

We print on to diamond plate or chrome with a custom plate pattern.... But that's more expensive than standard to get that look... It can be done with out cut vinyl at all.