Sign in to follow this  
dave_dj1

matte black vs gloss black

I am wanting to put a fairly large ram on the hood of my truck, somewhere in the 24" x 30" range. Just wondering what your opinions are on using some 651 gloss black which I have or ordering some matte black.

My gut says matte. 

My truck is silver/grey, you can see it in the show your work thread.

Thanks,

David

post-98091-0-58657500-1461933149_thumb.j

It all personal preference. Which do you think would look better.

How about carbon fiber?

I don't often run across uses for the little bit I have, but this might look cool.

May I suggest not using 651..in fact I wouldn't use regular vinyl anyway on a vehicle graphic. Go get some Avery SW900 Matte Black and will look better and last longer. Plus the air release makes these babies super easy to apply.

post-84967-0-84066600-1461952037_thumb.j

Thank you all for the feed back. You can tell I'm just a newb. I will look into the Avery SW900 Matte black.

If you don't mind answering a question about the 651, why wouldn't you use it on a car/truck? 

I guess I have a lot to learn for the different applications.

Thanks,

David

Thank you all for the feed back. You can tell I'm just a newb. I will look into the Avery SW900 Matte black.

If you don't mind answering a question about the 651, why wouldn't you use it on a car/truck? 

I guess I have a lot to learn for the different applications.

Thanks,

David

Although the 651 is considered "intermediate outdoor vinyl" it's the lowest grade on the market. Nothing wrong with using it, just wont look good for as long as the others. I prefer the SW900 simply because of the initial "low tac"...basically can lift and re-position without having to sacrifice the vinyl...and the air egress is perfect for easy dry application. Plus in my experiences the wrap vinyl is much easier to remove than your regular cast vinyls and won't leave as much (if any) nasty residue to have to clean when the time comes.