Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

scam tech calls from microsoft and norton . . . .new way to handle

yesterday i got a call from "norton" for tech support on my computer.   I told them before they started that the call was being recorded.  the person asked "this is being recorded?"  I said "Yes" - click - no advice or other speel about how to help me with the non existent problem.   I think I am getting better at this game lol!!!!

this is not a copy and paste but an actual event!

• Like 4

We have gotten two that were telling us our PC was at serious risk due to a Microsoft windows security breach and that we needed to give them some information so they could remote in and solve the problem. Both came to my wife and thankfully she was astute enough to catch the Windows operating system part of the comment and figure out that couldn't be true since we nave a MAC! I was so proud of her! She even went so far as to ask a couple questions about what the breach entailed, enough that they said Windows several times and then she slammed the door with the mac OS X reveal. 

• Like 1

I find that when telemarketers call its a good time to start singing Bohemian Rhapsody. You need all the practice you can get + it's fun to time how long they last.

• Like 2

I e played the keep them on the line before till I got called a few names, this was just so much faster lol

I get so many calls that I keep this by my phone, Have for 3 years now.. very loud,,  and I keep a portable air compressor in my closet.  Takes all of 10 seconds to refill.

post-3058-0-51129100-1461940819_thumb.jp 

• Like 1

I just have the fax machine answer when I can get to it in time. It works pretty well at removing me from lists.

• Like 1