busterbay

AHHHHHH !!!!!

Well I wake up today there were unicorns jumping in the yard I found a pot of gold the flowers were in bloom and I found $20 just laying on the ground .... so everything was going great.

I fired up the ol' computer and decided to cut a few orders. I also decided today would be a great day to set up my second  blade holder so I could have one for day to day vinyl and one for laminate etc... 

I make my test cuts and BAM all is good to go.... So I fire up the machine cut the first order, when it's complete I check to make sure it was still cutting as it should, I did a test weed here and there and I thought damn I'm good. So let's go full bore......

Well about an hour later and after I cut several yards of vinyl I start to weed..... well I tried to weed..... somewhere after the first order was done the locking screw worked loose and all I did was score the vinyl for over an hour... GRRRRRR   :angry:

Ouch.

And, although not directly related to the problem you encountered, it's worth mentioning that we should all periodically take apart our blade holder and make sure the blade spins freely and isn't being hampered by debris of vinyl stuck in there (and add a drop of sewing-machine oil into the bearing).

• Like 1

If the vinyl is scored stick it in the freezer for a few hours it will separate.

• Like 1

If the vinyl is scored stick it in the freezer for a few hours it will separate.

Nice tip, I will try that if it ever happens again. I tossed this batch and recut.