Sign in to follow this  
stefanbrandow

CutStudio Plugin Issues

Hey guys,
Got a Roland GS-24 and it seems the only way to send things to it is via the CutStudio Plugin for Illustrator.
We are running an iMac with OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and Illustrator CS5. 
The CutStudio Plugin shows up in Illustrator but there is no way to send it to the cutter. I've searched the internet high and low and have found no information directly related to this issue. Only CS3 and CS6 issues which seem to have been fixed with the newest CutStudio Plugin download.
Are we missing something? Is there a specific way it needs to be setup/downloaded to send illustrator files to the cutter? Please help!

from what a just saw on an older video,  When you click the CUTSTUDIO plugin  it should open Cutstudio...  Then you would send to cutter from Cutstudio

from what a just saw on an older video,  When you click the CUTSTUDIO plugin  it should open Cutstudio...  Then you would send to cutter from Cutstudio

And unfortunately that is the issue we're having. Nothing opens CutStudio.

I just read all kinds of problems and complaints with the Cutstudio  and Mac....So try the Roland  tech support...

I don't have either,,  just reading from other forums. Roland forum  

I know this isn't going to answer your question but I was just searching for something else on the USCutter website and see where they are offering the lifetime dongle for SignCut Pro 1  for about $270. That's a steal. I paid $400 for mine. This program is a cut only program that you can use as a plug-in in AI or open AI 8 files directly and one of the best bang for the buck cutting software's out there. Back in the day they used to give a years subscription with your cutter and I like it so much I opted to stick with it over using Summa's cutting tools. You don't see as much about it of late but they are still going strong (I think they are bigger overseas) and have free live tech support. They also have a free 7 day trial that might be worth your time since you are having issues. 

Sign Cut's decent, cut-only software but even at $270, VinylMaster Pro blows it away in the same price range.

Been using Vm for a couple of years now and I would recommend SignCut cut their price in half again.

They're doomed at that price because of this 'New Kid on the Market'.

Sorry, none of this addresses the OP's question either.

try  Roland DGA Support

in Illustrator>Windows(top line center)>Extensions>Cut Studio Plug In, then look for the application (usually on the Right).  The Vector Image must be selected to output to Cut Studio.

Application window isn't an issue, but the output button does nothing. Emailed Roland a week ago and have gotten no response.

Sign Cut's decent, cut-only software but even at $270, VinylMaster Pro blows it away in the same price range.

Been using Vm for a couple of years now and I would recommend SignCut cut their price in half again.

They're doomed at that price because of this 'New Kid on the Market'.

Sorry, none of this addresses the OP's question either.

Not mac compatible. Signcut is not only mac compatible but is cross platform compatible meaning you don't have to choose either or but can run it on both. For me that was the biggest part. I currently cut on a windows laptop but that thing (being windows) has a frequent glitch/blue screen likelihood which is the worst thing when you are trying to get something done at 11pm on a Saturday and it goes down. For me that means pull the dongle plug in the mac and continue working and worry about the laptop when I have the time to deal with it's BS. 

If you are windows based and also needing design ability then I could see your point although nearly $500. The OP is using AI so I don't know how much he would be needing all the design tools. I haven't seen any other mac compatible cutting program that had all the cut features that SignCut has for the same money. 

I'd forgotten that SignCut has that Mac compatibility going for it... and being great at what it does may be

enough to keep sales going even with that price up there.

VinylMaster Pro (Lifetime) can be had for $300 and change.. the Ltr version is around $125 but true, none for Mac.

• Like 1

We are using a GS-24 and I'm noticing on the Roland download page the Illustrator Plugin is only under the GX-24. Could there be connection issues because we are using a GS when we should have a GX?

• Like 1