Sign in to follow this  
Macon Innovations

Large Format

Anybody on the forum do large format sublimation? I have a customer that wants something done that's 27" X 36" and he specifically wants it sublimated.....

Thanks

I do large format sublimation.  I can print up to 64" wide and however long but I can't press larger then 16" x 20" which would still leave you high & dry.

I do large format sublimation.  I can print up to 64" wide and however long but I can't press larger then 16" x 20" which would still leave you high & dry.

how do you produce your large format work without being able to heat it that large?

The largest items that we currently press are with an image area of 12"x12".  We recently had a request for 12"x24" tiles and looked into purchasing a larger platen heat press but we declined after speaking with some tile manufacturers and finding out the fragility of that size tile.

was thinking that printing sublimation on 64" wide to make economic sense you would want a way to apply - must be you make up in volume on small items

I do a large volume of 'one-off' custom items.  I lay out and use the full extent of the paper and then trim out the individual items that I need.  I can get 16 (15 oz.) mugs on a strip - using my templates they cut to fix exact so there is no question that each and every mug will be the same.  I also do 11 oz. mugs, water bottles, multiple tile sizes (and grades) and some metal and hardboard items.    The cost of sub paper is pretty inexpensive so any waste is negligible.  

• Like 1