guinter810

SignBlazer Settings

I am a newbie to the group and did do some searching before posting but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

I know 45 degree blade should have an offset at 0.25

and the 60 degree blade should have an offset at 0.50

Do you guys recommend the blade to cut in the Normal , Clockwise or Counter Clockwise rotation or does it not really matter??

I put a new blade in 45 and 60. speed is all the way down and blade depth and pressure are fine. Roland cutter blade is out of the holder about 1/2 of the width of the thickness of a credit card

I am having issues with text not closing and not being square which I believe is a offset issue. I am cutting squares and marking each square with each setting I increase the offset by .05  With a 60 degree blade at .5 it has the best 90 degrees of the square except the top left is not closing and cutting in slightly towards the center

DID ATTACH A PIC of the cutting with the blade offset changes . don't mind the writing I was writing upside down!!

post-98208-0-15395100-1461554665_thumb.j

Blade depth is incorrect..  Too much blade exposed. Disregard the 1/2 credit card depth   it is wrong ..  This is how you set your blade depth correctly You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

While it's hard to see in your picture, I am inclined to believe that the problem is not a software issue.

Those "squares" are not right.

It seems like the vinyl is not moving cleanly (this could be something related to the grit rollers not tracking properly).