Sign in to follow this  
jbthrock21

Windows 10

I know this has been discussed and discussed but i still cant get it straight. I had a dell laptop with vista on it. I just bought a HP with windows 10 on it. I downloaded everything and then went into signblazer and made sure all the settings were the same as on my other laptop. Everything works fine except when i go to cut and i get the error initializing cutter. I have tried every port on the laptop and switched everyone in the setup menu = output device box. Here is my question the only difference in signblazer in the two laptops is in the setup menu. the output drop down box has Blazer LPT 1-4, Blazer COM 1-4. The only difference is my older laptop has USB001-3. i feel like this is why im getting the message and that i'm not in the right port but i dont't know how to get the USB00 ports to show up. 

Is this a windows 10 problem?

Is this something i can do and get those ports to show up?

i use the same cutter for as the setup as my old laptop so i'm at a stand still. i have read every thread and could and have done everything it says but nothing works

i would appreciate any help!!!

did you download the usb drivers for your specific cutter on the new computer besides doing the signblazer set up? - most have a specific usb driver  for that model of cutter

• Like 1

I can run my graphtec or my old SC series (at a buddies house) just fine.

I believe that dakotagrafx has your solution. Load / reload the drivers and follow the instructions. You are going to need to get one of the USB options in SBE.

got it today called uscutter the customer service person helped me find the right driver and downloaded it and works like a charm now.

Thanks for the help! greatly appreciative

• Like 3

I gotta say, this was a very satisfying and well-handled thread.

When reading Forum discussions, this one stands out as representative of the "coolness factor" here in USCUTTER's arena.

I mean, jbthrock got a very quick and to-the-point resolution and a cheery reply on his part as to the answer!

Thumbs up.