Sign in to follow this  
TheFunkyOrchid

MH871 blade arm won't engage

I just dusted off my cutter for the first time in about 4 years. The problem I  am having is when I cut an image from signcut, the cutter will attempt to cut the image out, but the blade arm never engages. It just stays in the same resting position the whole time. When I use the test cut option on the cutter itself, it will engage and properly cut a star out. I am completely confused as this has never happened before. Any help would be appreciated.

Would that cause it to not engage and only stay in the up position. Seems like it does work, but I have to either press the test button or the origin button for it to engage.

I tried that. Still same result. It appears to be recieving the image to cut as the roller moves the paper and the cutting mechanism moves left and right. Only the blade stays in the up position.

if it works from the test on the plotter it isn't the z axis chip though - so somewhere it isn't getting the signal to move the carriage arm up and down - we have seen that with wrong drivers  - - - - they have had about 3 different mainboards in that cutter over the years